noisy clutch pedal

Old June 25th 05, 12:23 AM
Steve

Default noisy clutch pedal

Hey guys,

when it rains it pours....got DW a couple times in the past week, and have
notice this week that my clutch pedal squeeks.
Almost sounds like something is "dry" and needs greasing.
I can still shift fine....just when I apply the clutch it'll sometimes go
smooth and other times it'll feel a bit stiff in spots and if it's quiet
enough you can hear it squeek outside the vehicle (even driving at side road
speeds).

Anyhow, been underneath and under the hood and there's no obvious signs of
leaks or anything.
I looked in, what i think is the clutch reservoir (cap says to fill with
DOT3 brake fluid lol...not sure if I was looking in the right spot
lol...this reservoir was the small one beside the big one )....anyhow,
there's fluid in there....and the little rubber suction cone thing is in
there too.

Any ideas?
Thanks

BTW: it's a 2002 Jeep TJ 6cyl/5spd

Old June 25th 05, 01:22 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Steve,
I wouldn't worry about it. Dust can get in there, and remember
there are many places where metal rides on metal, and you could of over
heated the flywheel or pressure plate faces which would cause a
temporary condition until you re broke the glaze. Make sure you don't
have any bad habits like resting your foot on the clutch peddle, that'll
cause over heating.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 25th 05, 11:03 AM
Ben

My clutch pedal has been squeeking for about 10 years now.. Ever since I
bought my Jeep.. Like Bill said.. I wouldn't worry about it..

Ben
95 YJ 2.5L

Old June 25th 05, 01:26 PM
Steve

Can you fill stiffness in the pedal from time to time as well?

Sounds almost like a bicycle's handbrake cable when not lubed or something.