How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer?

Old July 15th 17, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Steve W.[_6_]

Default How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer?

ralph wrote:
> On 07/12/2017 04:36 PM, micky wrote:
>> How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer?
>>
>> I have a 2000 Toyota Solara with a factory AM-FM-CD changer, all in the
>> dash, not the trunk.

> Good Lord! What kind of Luddite is still using a CD in a car?
>
> Install a unit that will read a USB thumb drive or MP3 player.

That can be a very interesting thing in many newer vehicles that use the
factory stereo for a lot more than music. Many are part of the security
system, the memory options are stored in it, then if you have the ones
where it is an all in one with the HVAC, navigation and more....

--
Steve W.
Old July 15th 17, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Wade Garrett

On 7/15/17 9:44 AM, ralph wrote:
> On 07/12/2017 04:36 PM, micky wrote:
>> How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer?
>>
>> I have a 2000 Toyota Solara with a factory AM-FM-CD changer, all in the
>> dash, not the trunk.

> Good Lord! What kind of Luddite is still using a CD in a car?
>
> Install a unit that will read a USB thumb drive or MP3 player.

Someone driving a fully depreciated 17 year old vehicle who doesn't want
to spend a lot of money on a new audio device, not to mention a lot to
get it installed if he's not handy...

--
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time or money
making it.
Old July 15th 17, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
micky

In rec.autos.tech, on Sat, 15 Jul 2017 09:44:42 -0400, ralph
> wrote:

>On 07/12/2017 04:36 PM, micky wrote:
>> How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer?
>>
>> I have a 2000 Toyota Solara with a factory AM-FM-CD changer, all in the
>> dash, not the trunk.

>Good Lord! What kind of Luddite is still using a CD in a car?

It's really amazing how many people on Usenet are willing to be
insulting. I wonder if they are like that in their personal lives.

You're also a very sloppy reader or you'd know that's the car I'm
selling.

>Install a unit that will read a USB thumb drive or MP3 player.

There are good reasons not to do either of these things, but I'm not
going to bother telling you. You may not be a luddite but I don't think
you want to learn anything either.
Old July 16th 17, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Reverend Harry Hardwick

On 7/15/2017 6:45 PM, micky wrote:
> In rec.autos.tech, on Sat, 15 Jul 2017 09:44:42 -0400, ralph
> > wrote:
>
>> On 07/12/2017 04:36 PM, micky wrote:
>>> How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer?
>>>
>>> I have a 2000 Toyota Solara with a factory AM-FM-CD changer, all in the
>>> dash, not the trunk.

>> Good Lord! What kind of Luddite is still using a CD in a car?

> It's really amazing how many people on Usenet are willing to be
> insulting. I wonder if they are like that in their personal lives.
>
> You're also a very sloppy reader or you'd know that's the car I'm
> selling.
>
>> Install a unit that will read a USB thumb drive or MP3 player.

> There are good reasons not to do either of these things, but I'm not
> going to bother telling you. You may not be a luddite but I don't think
> you want to learn anything either.

The target audience to buy your used car is a half-broke teenager. They'll want a car with a USB port on the stereo.

If you wanna sell your car, put one in. Get it yet, Gramps?

Old July 16th 17, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Reverend Harry Hardwick

Old July 16th 17, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Dan Espen[_2_]

ralph > writes:

> On 07/12/2017 04:36 PM, micky wrote:
>> How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer?
>>
>> I have a 2000 Toyota Solara with a factory AM-FM-CD changer, all in the
>> dash, not the trunk.

> Good Lord! What kind of Luddite is still using a CD in a car?
>
> Install a unit that will read a USB thumb drive or MP3 player.

I'm still using a CD and it works perfectly for me.

My CD player happens to support Data format CDs with MP3s.
Each CD holds 250 tracks. With a few CDs I've got a LOT of music
in that car and at 250 tracks per, I don't need a changer.

--
Dan Espen
Old July 16th 17, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Ed Pawlowski

On 7/15/2017 7:36 PM, Reverend Harry Hardwick wrote:
> On 7/15/2017 6:45 PM, micky wrote:
>> In rec.autos.tech, on Sat, 15 Jul 2017 09:44:42 -0400, ralph
>> > wrote:

>>> Good Lord! What kind of Luddite is still using a CD in a car?

>> It's really amazing how many people on Usenet are willing to be
>> insulting. I wonder if they are like that in their personal lives.
>>
>> You're also a very sloppy reader or you'd know that's the car I'm
>> selling.
>>
>>> Install a unit that will read a USB thumb drive or MP3 player.

>> There are good reasons not to do either of these things, but I'm not
>> going to bother telling you. You may not be a luddite but I don't think
>> you want to learn anything either.

> The target audience to buy your used car is a half-broke teenager.
> They'll want a car with a USB port on the stereo.
>
> If you wanna sell your car, put one in. Get it yet, Gramps?

Sure, put a $200 radio in it and get $50 more for the car. Let the kid
put in his own music of choice.
Old July 16th 17, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Ed Pawlowski

On 7/15/2017 9:13 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

>> Install a unit that will read a USB thumb drive or MP3 player.

> I'm still using a CD and it works perfectly for me.
>
> My CD player happens to support Data format CDs with MP3s.
> Each CD holds 250 tracks. With a few CDs I've got a LOT of music
> in that car and at 250 tracks per, I don't need a changer.

My car takes CD USB and Bluetooth. Fact is, with SiriusXM I've not used
any of them for a couple of years. I should put the MP3 CD from my last
car in this one though. I've not gotten arount to it in 21 months.
Old July 16th 17, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
John Albert

On 7/15/17 9:44 AM, ralph wrote:

> Good Lord! What kind of Luddite is still using a CD in a car?

I do.
I have thousands of home-burned CDs. Thousands.

In fact, just made another one this afternoon.
Old July 16th 17, 02:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Louie Luddite

On 07/15/2017 11:10 PM, John Albert wrote:
> On 7/15/17 9:44 AM, ralph wrote:
>>
>> Good Lord! What kind of Luddite is still using a CD in a car?

> I do.
> I have thousands of home-burned CDs. Thousands.
>
> In fact, just made another one this afternoon.

I use a single thumb drive with thousands of selections.