How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer?

Old July 16th 17, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Herb Bisside

Default How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer?

On 7/15/2017 9:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> The target audience to buy your used car is a half-broke teenager. They'll want a car with a USB port on the stereo.
>>
>> If you wanna sell your car, put one in. Get it yet, Gramps?
>>

> Sure, put a $200 radio in it and get $50 more for the car. Let the kid put in his own music of choice.

How does $28.99 work for you?

https://smile.amazon.com/Bluetooth-W.../dp/B06XR3ZLJF

Old July 16th 17, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Ed Pawlowski

On 7/16/2017 9:32 AM, Herb Bisside wrote:
> On 7/15/2017 9:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> The target audience to buy your used car is a half-broke teenager.
>>> They'll want a car with a USB port on the stereo.
>>>
>>> If you wanna sell your car, put one in. Get it yet, Gramps?
>>>

>> Sure, put a $200 radio in it and get $50 more for the car. Let the
>> kid put in his own music of choice.

> How does $28.99 work for you?
>
> https://smile.amazon.com/Bluetooth-W.../dp/B06XR3ZLJF

That could work. If it is a decent radio it is damned cheap for the
features. That could pay for itself.

Seems like a few years ago a crappy Sparkomatic AM radio was more than
that.
Old July 17th 17, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Tekkie®

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

> On 7/15/2017 9:13 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
>
> >> Install a unit that will read a USB thumb drive or MP3 player.

> > I'm still using a CD and it works perfectly for me.
> >
> > My CD player happens to support Data format CDs with MP3s.
> > Each CD holds 250 tracks. With a few CDs I've got a LOT of music
> > in that car and at 250 tracks per, I don't need a changer.
> >

> My car takes CD USB and Bluetooth. Fact is, with SiriusXM I've not used
> any of them for a couple of years. I should put the MP3 CD from my last
> car in this one though. I've not gotten arount to it in 21 months.

MY SirusXM opinion follows:

I don't like the service because it is as repetitive as free radio. Same
songs sometimes on different channels at the same time. I tried to get it
for $50 for the year but they tried to bill me every three months. To get
them to quit I had to get a charge back on my CC and block their number in
my phone. I still find advertising on certain channels and when they have a
"free" listening period for suckers the channels I had in there either got
reassigned or written over. I would rather use USB or CD and pick the music
I like. I've had enough of cousin Brucie and British band members talk.
Just sayin, if you like it, good for you.

--
Tekkie