1964 MGB roadster - yellow - rvl

Old September 7th 08, 07:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default 1964 MGB roadster - yellow - rvl

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1964 MGB roadster - yellow - rvl.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	152790
Old September 7th 08, 03:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Larmcd

Pat:

This looks like a later model - maybe early 70s version. The 1964 model -
at least in the US - had smaller taillights and chrome bumbers that were not
as high as the later model's bumpers.

Larmcd

Old September 7th 08, 03:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
ThomasS2[_3_]

The wrap-around bumper shown on this model came out in 1979, if you want to
use that as a reference for a model year.

ThomasS

Old September 7th 08, 03:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

"ThomasS2" > wrote in message
> The wrap-around bumper shown on this model came out in 1979, if you want
> use that as a reference for a model year.

To larmcd and Thomas ---

Fellas I appreciate with what you're saying and ordinarily I'd agree - hence
my disclaimer on the first picture - but here's a closeup of the note in the
windshield:

I have no further explanation.
--
Pat Durkin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MG note.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	152800
Old September 7th 08, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Duncan Craig

He must have been promoting the availability of the '64 on the later-model
car.

Old September 7th 08, 05:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article >, Duncan Craig
> writes
>
>"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message

>> "ThomasS2" > wrote in message

>>> The wrap-around bumper shown on this model came out in 1979, if you want
>>> use that as a reference for a model year.

>> Fellas I appreciate with what you're saying and ordinarily I'd agree -
>> hence my disclaimer on the first picture - but here's a closeup of the
>> note in the windshield:
>>

>He must have been promoting the availability of the '64 on the later-model
>car.

I think that must be the answer. I'd be very surprised if someone were
to convert a 1964 car to later spec; the black bumpers, which appeared
first in 1975, are deemed ugly by most MGB enthusiasts, and this car is
painted in a late-1970s colour and has the style of dashboard first
introduced in 1976. The earlier cars are generally more valuable than
the later ones, so why go to the expense of updating one? I've heard of
post-1975 cars being converted back to chrome bumpers, but never the
other way round.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email
Old September 7th 08, 05:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
ThomasS2[_3_]

I didn't see that.
Just added 2 cents to the reply on year of rear view.

Thanks for heads up, Pat.

TS