humming noise at certaind speeds only when accelerating

Old November 10th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default humming noise at certaind speeds only when accelerating

I have an 2002 ford explorer and it makes a humming noise only at
around 50-75 mph and only when im pressing on the gas. If i take my
foot off the gas, the noise stops. If i pass 75mph, the noise stops.
And I never hear the noise when im going less than 50 mph. Anyone know
what this can be?

Old November 14th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:18:07 -0500, Heatwave
> wrote:

Warning to all, watch out for Heatwave as he is but a insecure child
and cares nothing about helping you. BTW Heatwave, keep it up as it
is fun watch at the fool you are.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old November 14th 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Tom[_2_]

snowman has a perfectly good system that he uses.
if you can't dazzle them with intelligence, baffle them with bull****.

it is just a shame he has way more bull**** than intelligence.

http://tinyurl.com/2lcjkv

Old November 15th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:35:00 -0500, Heatwave
> wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> Warning to all,

Yes a Troll is out trying to get his fix. He tries so hard yo overcome
his deep seated insecrity but I do not think he ever will.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old November 15th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
C. E. White[_1_]

> wrote in message
ps.com...
>I have an 2002 ford explorer and it makes a humming noise only at
> around 50-75 mph and only when im pressing on the gas. If i take my
> foot off the gas, the noise stops. If i pass 75mph, the noise
> stops.
> And I never hear the noise when im going less than 50 mph. Anyone
> know
> what this can be?

It could be something as simple as a vibrating accelerator cable.

You might also ask your Ford dealer about TSB 05-16-4 AUG 05 -
Driveline - Vibration/Boom Between 55 and 75 MPH . Sounds like your
complaint to me. YOu can read the actual TSB at
http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricant.../tsb/05164.pdf .

Ed

Old November 16th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:08:58 -0500, Heatwave
> wrote:

>Replying to your own text?

No it was in responce to your own effort to overcome you own insecurty
and make a arse of yourself in process. Keep it up. Pretty soon
everyone will know what a fool you really are. Only a child like you
could be as blind as you are about how you belittle yourself with each
post.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old November 16th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
aarcuda69062

In article >,
SnoMan > wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:35:00 -0500, Heatwave
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> says...
> >>
> >> Warning to all,

> Yes a Troll is out trying to get his fix. He tries so hard yo overcome
> his deep seated insecrity but I do not think he ever will.
> TheSnoMan.com

One way he might accomplish that would be to troll a larger
number of people.

Oh... he doesn't do that, does he?

I wonder why that is?
Old November 16th 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Tom[_2_]

hmmmm. back at ya with the childish defence system heatwave.
news