67 Mustang Coupe Flasher Location? TIA

Old November 10th 04, 07:49 PM
Howard Juneau

Default 67 Mustang Coupe Flasher Location? TIA

1967 Mustang Coupe w/factory AC,PS,PB,MT
Any ideas where the turn signal flasher is?
It doesn't seem to be where either Ford or friends say.
Any and all replies appreciated.

Old November 10th 04, 08:25 PM
dbird

Howard Juneau wrote:

> 1967 Mustang Coupe w/factory AC,PS,PB,MT
> Any ideas where the turn signal flasher is?
> It doesn't seem to be where either Ford or friends say.
> Any and all replies appreciated.

if you are talking about the flasher module it is probably where the
66's were located... in the glove box( mine also had a switch to put on
the emergency flashers....... so if yoiu have this switch there then its
right behind it..
if not then look under the dash for the small metal box that contains
the flasher module.....
Old November 10th 04, 08:41 PM
Wound Up

You mean the things that go "de-doink"?
Mine where behind the dash cluster. Should be attached to the back of
it actually. There are two.

Old November 10th 04, 10:36 PM
Stuart&Janet

The Emergency flasher is on a bracket screwed to the peadl support. The turn signal is on
the back of the dash cluster as mentioned near the clock. StuK

Old November 11th 04, 12:58 AM
Howard Juneau

[I'm new to this USENET stuff. I hope I'm doing this right and I apologize
if I'm doing it wrong.]

Thanks to all!

I checked in the glovebox and, after pulling the glove box, checked
everywhere near the glovebox and found nothing. With a hand through the
ashtray opening, I checked on the back of the instrument cluster near the
clock (where my Ford docs say it is), and found nothing.
I did find a "small metal box" (about 1" x 1/2" x 1/4") attached under the
dash near the ignition switch. Is this a flasher module?

Again, thanks to all!

==========

"Howard Juneau" > wrote in
message ink.net...

Old November 11th 04, 02:24 AM
Wound Up

I distinctly remember two... perhaps my emergency flasher was
mislocated. God only knows what wiring was done, come to think of it.

Old November 11th 04, 02:33 AM
Wound Up

It should be a circular, silver, tinny little metal thing with two wires
hooked to the back of it on spade connectors.

Old November 11th 04, 02:57 AM
SWG

Maybe the flasher unit isn't in its receptcle or plug. You may have to
search for that to know where to plug the flasher in.

I'm more familiar with the mid 60's trucks and Galaxies, but I believe most
turn signal flashers were mounted in or near fuse panel. The hazard/four way
flashers were usually nearby if they were factory installed. Optional dealer
or owner installed flashers were a switch/flasher combo usually mounted in
the glove compartment or in/below the dash.

Get a good light and stick your head under there. Good luck.

Old November 11th 04, 03:44 AM
Stuart&Janet

Sometimes they are just dangling down hanging from the wires. You just have to get under
the dash and scratch around up there. Most of these cars have had them replaced by now so
most likely they weren't reinstalled in there proper places. Often the replacements don't
have the proper "nub" on them to reinstall them anyway. They should be cylindrical not
square. Most likely the box you found is and AC component or a relay etc. StuK

Old November 11th 04, 09:35 PM
Clive

The wires should come out of the main loom near the steering column
underneath the dash (can't remember - maybe from the ignition switch).
According to the manual they should go up to the top of the instrument
assembly where the flasher unit plugs in.

On mine (late 67) instead of going up, the wires have been clamped
between a metal brace and bottom part of the dash (the metal part that
the supports the instrument assembly). The wires come out deeper under
the dash and the flasher just hangs off these, accessable from the
floorwell. I guess this was done by the factory, but whether by design
or error I don't know.

I take it the flasher does not work, otherwise you could just turn it
on and locate by sound!

Either take your instrument cluster out, about a 1/2 hour job once you
know what to do, or get on your back with a flashlight.

Good luck,
Clive