96 Jetta GLX tire pressure and new tires questions

Old June 17th 05, 07:30 PM

Default 96 Jetta GLX tire pressure and new tires questions

Can anybody tell me the correct tire pressure for this vehicle? I know
it varies depending on load. The car has 205/50R15 tires and the
placard is missing from the inside of the gas tank door where it used
to be because the car was in an accident and the body shop replaced the
door.

This tire size is hard to find and there is limited selection. Is
there another more common size that would fit on this vehicle without
changing out the wheels?

Thanks,
Bill

Old June 20th 05, 02:24 AM
Eduardo K.

In article .com>,
> wrote:
>Can anybody tell me the correct tire pressure for this vehicle? I know
>it varies depending on load. The car has 205/50R15 tires and the
>placard is missing from the inside of the gas tank door where it used
>to be because the car was in an accident and the body shop replaced the
>door.
>
>This tire size is hard to find and there is limited selection. Is
>there another more common size that would fit on this vehicle without
>changing out the wheels?

I have 195/60/14 and use 32 front and 34 rear. I like it stiff...

--
Eduardo K. | Darwin pone las reglas.
http://www.carfun.cl | Murphy, la oportunidad.