'63 Olds F85 opinions

Old December 11th 03, 03:56 AM
kelly mcguire

Default '63 Olds F85 opinions

There's a decent looking F85 coupe parked down the street. Upon closer
inspection there is some rust-through around the bottom of the rear
window and rust at the edges of the hood, trunk, exhaust pipe and
under the floormats. The rust through areas are about quarter sized or
a bit larger spots. Only 78K miles on this whole-life california car.
I've done some research and there seems to be parts still available.
It's got the small aluminum V8. The tranny is somewhat exclusive but
still parts can be had. I think the car is attractive and a possible
restoration car. Anyone out there experienced in these cars? Should I
worry about the frame and things I can't see rusting through? I was
hoping to do an above-average job, making it an attractive/reliable
driver car without taking the entire thing down to the frame. Advice??
thanks in advance,
Kel