how are OEVeeDub and BFY as vendors? Vendor rating in general?

Old August 13th 05, 12:31 AM
remco

Default how are OEVeeDub and BFY as vendors? Vendor rating in general?

Was looking to get some parts and was wondering if www.bfyobsoleteparts.com
is an ok place?
How about http://www.oeveedub.com?

On a different note: how about we set up a simple applet on a web site
someplace so we can give vendors ratings - when they do well by us we bump a
good count, when we get screwed we bump a bad count. Whenever you query a
vendor you get returned a rating. (like an ebay percentage rating)
I'll write it, if anyone is interested.

Remco

Old August 13th 05, 03:04 AM
Robert

I've bought from BFY several times and I have never had a bad
experiance. They shipped fast and packed well. They have a lot more
than what is in their catalog. - Bob

Old August 13th 05, 04:52 PM
jb

"remco" > wrote in
:

> Was looking to get some parts and was wondering if
> www.bfyobsoleteparts.com is an ok place?
> How about http://www.oeveedub.com?
>
> On a different note: how about we set up a simple applet on a web site
> someplace so we can give vendors ratings - when they do well by us we
> bump a good count, when we get screwed we bump a bad count. Whenever
> you query a vendor you get returned a rating. (like an ebay percentage
> rating) I'll write it, if anyone is interested.
>
> Remco

Based on recommendations from previous posts, I placed
a small order with BFY to give them a try. I was very
disappointed with the quality of 2 out of the 7 parts
I ordered. The exhaust gaskets were thin, cheap junk
and the in-tank filter screen washer they picture as
original was something I could have picked up at Ace
Hardware for a nickel. Not something to get twisted out
of shape about, of course, but a solid indicater. I wouldn't
do business with them again.

Regards,
jb
Old August 13th 05, 05:05 PM
Ben Boyle

I haven't found BFY too impressive but OEVEEDUB has given me positive experiences. 99% of my VW purchases go to them,
Aircooled.net, or Wolfsburg West with the remaining 1% going to the occasional item I get from the local dune buggy
dude.

Old August 13th 05, 08:04 PM
remco

"remco" > wrote in message
> Was looking to get some parts and was wondering if

www.bfyobsoleteparts.com
> is an ok place?
> How about http://www.oeveedub.com?
>
> On a different note: how about we set up a simple applet on a web site
> someplace so we can give vendors ratings - when they do well by us we bump

> good count, when we get screwed we bump a bad count. Whenever you query a
> vendor you get returned a rating. (like an ebay percentage rating)
> I'll write it, if anyone is interested.
>
> Remco

Thanks for the recommendations, guys!
Need some repair panels (1/2 rear body cross member where the heater pipe
comes through and font firewall) and will check next week bug show but, if I
can't find them, will need to look elsewhere so that's why the question was
asked.

Old August 14th 05, 03:57 AM

I have always had good experiences with www.oeveedub.com

They have lots of German parts, but they are expensive.
JP 73vwbttl

Old August 14th 05, 12:41 PM
User Example

Be wary of OE VeeDub because some of the parts are not actually OE
afterall. I inquired about one of their rear view mirrors they sell and
found out that it is actually a repro made by one of the places in US.
Other than that I like them, though.

Gary