Roush sets the Stage with tuned 2013 Mustangs

Old April 10th 12, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
MummyChunk

Default Roush sets the Stage with tuned 2013 Mustangs

From AB

Press Release: The New 2013 ROUSH Mustangs
Out With The Old And In With The New

PLYMOUTH, Mich. (April 4, 2012) – Just as the weather changes for the
better moving into spring, so does the ROUSH Stage Mustangs as they
move into the 2013 model year. The newly designed 2013 ROUSH Mustangs
add more grunt and aggressive looks to an already impressive
redesigned Ford Mustang.

The Stage 3 Mustang is the pinnacle of the ROUSH "Stage"
Mustangs. Improving upon the styling of the Stage 1 and the handling
of the Stage 2, our Stage 3 Mustang adds its own piece of the pie by
supercharging the 5.0L-4v Coyote powertrain. It is the perfect
infusion of styling, handling and power. The Stage 3 embodies
everything a muscle car can and should be.

At the heart of the Stage 3 is a newly updated ROUSH supercharged
5.0L-4v powertrain, pumping out a massive 565 horsepower and 505 lb-ft
of torque – more than enough power to make you one with your seat as
you stab the throttle. With power numbers like these, the 2013 Stage 3
marks ROUSH Performance's highest horsepower street legal Mustang to
date. Force feeding air to the 5.0L engine is ROUSH's R2300
supercharger featuring Eaton's® TVS (Twin Vortices Series) patented
technology. The TVS design delivers greatly enhanced thermal
efficiency, produces higher volumetric capacity, and enables higher
supercharger RPM's; all of which equate to more power and better fuel
efficiency in a smaller, lighter package. ROUSH powertrain engineers
calibrated the new Stage 3 to the perfect combination of power,
drivability and durability.

But what is power if you can't put it down on the street/track? The
Stage 2 and Stage 3 packages provide greatly improved handling over
stock mustangs, allowing our cars to pull over 1g of lateral
acceleration on the skid pad. Part of this handling package is the
18-inch by 10-inch cast aluminum, five spoke, chrome ROUSH wheels –
wrapped in the ROUSH/Cooper (co-developed) RS3 ultra high-performance
tire. The suspension system consists of a larger, stiffer front
stabilizer bar to reduce body roll and provide balanced, neutral
handling. It also includes a unique ROUSH designed anti-wheel hop kit,
twin-tube shocks with unique valving, increased rate springs as well
as upgraded bushings and jounce bumpers. ROUSH chassis engineers spent
thousands of hours in development and testing to create the perfect
set up to aid in acceleration, cornering, stopping and ride quality

To give the 2013 ROUSH Mustangs a more aggressive look, all of the new
Stages 1 through 3 platforms receive the newly designed 6th generation
ROUSH Aerobody package. Dubbed the "R63, the new aero-body
package incorporates a remodeled ROUSH upper grille, high-flow lower
grille, corner fascia aero-pockets with driving lamps and front chin
splitter. It also includes a new ROUSH hood scoop, rocker panel and
rear fascia side splitters, a three-piece rear decklid spoiler, new
ROUSH rear aero-valance featuring race-inspired diffusers, and is
finished off with newly designed, integrated dual chambered, chrome
exhaust tips.

"The 2013 ROUSH Stage 3 Mustang is by far one of the best
performing Mustangs to come out of our shop" states Gary Jurick,
General Manager for ROUSH Performance. "The idea is not to have
the highest horse power out there, but to embody all around
performance and combine that with an exclusive vehicle at a great
value."

The Stage 3 also gets an RS3 graphics package available in multiple
color combinations to allow owners to personalize to their taste.
Inside the Stage 3 you get a custom gauge cluster, ROUSH embroidered
floor mats, a ROUSH center console button and a Stage 3 dash
medallion. All Stage Mustangs receive ROUSH badging throughout and a
serialized engine bay plaque.

To further customize your ROUSH Stage Mustang there are several
exterior, interior and chassis options available including rear
quarter window louvers and the all new Stage 3 Interior Package
consisting of Stage 3 embroidered leather seating with suede inserts,
suede door panels and a suede shift boot all with highlight stitching.
There is also a vent gauge pod with LED boost gauge, a suede wrapped
steering wheel, and a convertible light bar just to name a few. Some
chassis options include three 20-inch wheels choices, four different
brake packages, ROUSH laser cut hood struts and red or black ROUSH
engine coil covers. Additionally, the ROUSH dual chamber off-road
exhaust system to put a grin on your face and let everyone else know
you're not to be messed with.

All 2013 ROUSH "Stage" Mustangs are available in both coupe
and convertible chassis and both manual and automatic transmissions.
They are also all 50-state legal and covered by ROUSH's
3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. The 2013 ROUSH Mustangs
are expected to start showing up on dealer lots by late April 2012.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...4431#151914431