YABDQE (Yet Another Botched Drama Queen Exit)

Old December 13th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

Default YABDQE (Yet Another Botched Drama Queen Exit)

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
>Darwin is cheated again.
>
>http://www.wftv.com/news/10513710/detail.html
>
>Police: Teen Driver Attempted Suicide By Crashing Into Mall

"But instead he smells real purty now".

>ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. -- Altamonte Springs police say a 19-year-old
>driver was trying to kill himself when he drove his car through the
>Altamonte Mall. The driver not only busted a perfume stand and broke a
>lot of glass, he ended up landing near the food court of the mall, on

[...]

>According to the Altamonte Springs Police Department, 19-year-old Adam
>Soloman Kahin, of Longwood, intentionally drove his red Mitsubishi
>into the northwest side of the mall in an attempt to commit suicide.

*Sigh*. If you want to commit suicide by car, you need to drive into
something large and solid. A stone or concrete bridge abutment is of
course classic, but an good oak tree can do as well. A brick wall works
reliably too, but only if it's a structural brick wall or brick over
cinder block and not just a facade on some weaker material. Malls and
other steel-frame buildings, frame houses, tents, and carboard boxes
are right out.

result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old December 14th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
(Matthew T. Russotto) said in
>rec.autos.driving:
>
>>*Sigh*. If you want to commit suicide by car, you need to drive into
>>something large and solid. A stone or concrete bridge abutment is of
>>course classic, but an good oak tree can do as well.

>I don't know - he drove into the mall on the second floor, and ended
>up upside-down on the first floor after driving down the escalator.
>Maybe if he'd simply driven through the railing and fallen straight
>down he would have succeeded?

Certainly he'd have had a better chance, but a 20-foot or so fall in a
car isn't necessarily fatal either. He's only going to be doing
32mph when he hits, if my 20-foot figure is right.
result in a fully-depreciated one.