Is Ford Running on Empty?

Old July 18th 06, 04:04 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Default Is Ford Running on Empty?

Certainly not in the opinion of the majority of new vehicle buyers. They
buy far more from GM and Ford than any import brand.

mike hunt

news

Old July 18th 06, 04:09 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

If you own a new hemi, if I were you, I would not bet your title that you
will 'walk away' from any old Hemi. LOL

mike hunt

> wrote in message
oups.com...

..

Old July 18th 06, 08:41 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_1_]

Mike Hunter wrote:

> wrote in message
roups.com...

>Lest we forget both GM and Ford outsell ANY of the imports, as well.

>>Irrelevant (quality != quantity) and misleading ( GM + Ford is bigger
>>than Toyota, but Toyota + Ford is bigger than GM, but so what?). GM is
>>also #1 in China, but again, so what?

>Then how do you explain why the Camry is the number one selling
>car in the US?

I doubt it's all due to quality but also because of performance,
comfort, and resale value. What do you think is the reason?

Old July 18th 06, 03:07 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Most buyers buy what they buy because the believe that is the best buy for
their money. The ONLY Toyota that is the number one seller, in its class is
the Camry, however. Performance? That's funny, 8 out of 10 Camrys sold in
the US are 4cy and way underpowered compared to those of its competitors
that offer V6s for much less money.

mike hunt

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Mike Hunter wrote:

groups.com...

Old July 18th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

ANYTHING is more fun to drive than a 4 cy Camry.

mike

Old July 18th 06, 09:08 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Finney

"Mike Hunter" > wrote in message
> ANYTHING is more fun to drive than a 4 cy Camry.

I have a diesel Rabbit...

Old July 18th 06, 10:16 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Names Nobody

"Mike Hunter" > wrote in message
> Most buyers buy what they buy because the believe that is the best buy for
> their money. The ONLY Toyota that is the number one seller, in its class
> is the Camry, however. Performance? That's funny, 8 out of 10 Camrys
> sold in the US are 4cy and way underpowered compared to those of its
> competitors that offer V6s for much less money.
>
> mike hunt

Kinda like most Mustangs sold huh? LOL

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>
>> Mike Hunter wrote:

egroups.com...

Old July 19th 06, 03:18 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Mike Hunter wrote:
> If you own a new hemi, if I were you, I would not bet your title that you
> will 'walk away' from any old Hemi. LOL

Don't laugh. Find me an original road test where a normal production
Hemi car posts a trap speed of 109 mph. You don't have to bother
looking because you won't find any. 105 is it, with most posting trap
speeds closer to 100. And if you've been a subscriber to Hemmings
Muscle Machines magazine you'll have noted a few times where they've
stated the old Hemi cars aren't as fast as the new SRT Hemi cars, or
more like not even close to as fast.

Me... I'd bet the farm on the a new SRT Hemi...

Patrick

Old July 19th 06, 01:19 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark Jones

lymee wrote:
> However, the Mustang, even the V6 is simply more fun to drive.
> It really is.
> I dunno why, I really don't but IMHO it is a more fun ride.
> I think it might be because the Dodge feels *heavy*...

The Dodge is heavy. The Charger is about 4200 pounds.
It is slower than my 1994 Corvette, even though the new
Dodge has about 75 more horsepower.

Old July 19th 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

A V6 Mustang will blow the doors off a Camry with EITHER engine LOL

"My Names Nobody" > wrote in message
newsccvg.3334$us.2493@trnddc04...

> "Mike Hunter" > wrote in message
>> Most buyers buy what they buy because the believe that is the best buy
>> for their money. The ONLY Toyota that is the number one seller, in its
>> class is the Camry, however. Performance? That's funny, 8 out of 10
>> Camrys sold in the US are 4cy and way underpowered compared to those of
>> its competitors that offer V6s for much less money.
>>
>> mike hunt

> Kinda like most Mustangs sold huh? LOL
>

>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...