1973 Campmobile HELP

Old July 8th 05, 08:28 PM

Default 1973 Campmobile HELP

Hi All !

I just got a 1973 Campmobile...WHAT A MESS!!!!

It has a 2.0 GE series (1977 l-jetronic?) engine that has been reto
fitted with center mount carb kit 26/27mm or some nonsense. I get 10
mpg and have no power at all.

I dunno, should I round up all the FI stuff to bring it back to
original or go with a redline fuel pump and a fuel regulator to support
dual carbs?

Cosmetically the van is fair.

I do need a drivers side vent wing assembly. It seems that there was a
break in at some point and the entire wing and frame is destroyed, a
couple deep pru marks remain in the door but its nor bent or distorted.
PLEASE someone help me a get wind wing!!!!!

Also it is missing the engine deck cusion/bed part. The rear bench is
fine. I will have to make up one, does anyone have the dimensions or
instruction to make a good copy?

Any help or coments are welcome.

If you have parts/ideas/ a used stove-fridge box with lp tank for me
please email me directly or post a message here.

Thanks
Tom Matous

Old July 8th 05, 08:48 PM

What should be my mileage/horsepower with the dual carbs?

Also I has bee retrofitted with a 4 speed stick, Is this better than
the automatic it came with?

Tom Matous

Old July 9th 05, 01:10 AM
Eduardo K.

In article >,
Jan Andersson > wrote:

>The stock FI might need some skilled work to make it keep up with the
>mods.
>What you get is a pile of old stock FI equipment, designed to lug the
>engine around "adequately".

Maybe you can use the stock inyectors and driver them with a Megasquirt box.

--
Eduardo K. |
http://www.carfun.cl | "World domination, now"
Old July 9th 05, 04:45 PM
driver

Is the center mount carb a Weber?

If so, IMOP, it is all you need. Poor mileage and power could also result
from poor timing. I just did a lot of reading on the forums at
http://www.thesamba.com about timing. Many late modlel bus owners
complaining about poor mileage and power. I am currenly having timing
problems myslef and have distributor problems. And I am getting about 15 mpg
and poor power curve. And I have a new 2L

There are some real good experts with our bus years, over at the samba.
Plenty of parts too. Do check it out.

--Steve
74 Westie, NJ

oups.com...

Old July 10th 05, 05:01 AM

I just bought a replacement engine with the dual carbs its OEM used and
not tinkered with at all.
I want to rebuild this one instead of sorting out the 2.0 engine. its
stock and looks like it has all the tin and stuff also its from a 73
like mine.

1973 280SEL 4.5 running rough Alex Technology 2 May 21st 05 04:24 PM
OT. 1973 Mecedes 220D anybody? Eduardo K. VW air cooled 1 January 15th 05 02:58 AM
1973 Chevy Impala Josh Antique cars 1 April 10th 04 08:48 PM
1973 International Scout II 4x4 with strong 345 Engine - $5,000.00 intlscout1973 4x4 0 December 23rd 03 02:58 AM