New to me .. 1973 Campmobile info request

Old May 27th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Sylvester M. McBean

Default New to me .. 1973 Campmobile info request

After years of looking for just the right westy we found one in
December .. finally had it ready and on the road early this month

So I've had it on the road two weeks and just finished a 6 day 3000
mile round trip. Admittedly not the best idea I've ever had but the
van ran flawlessly.

I'm looking for on-line sources for parts and info an am hoping some
of those here can help me out.. (couldn't find a FAQ)..

I've found
www.westfalia.org
www.thesamba.com
www.germansupply.com

But would be interested in any and all others
Old May 27th 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim[_2_]

Sylvester M. McBean wrote:
> After years of looking for just the right westy we found one in
> December .. finally had it ready and on the road early this month
>
> So I've had it on the road two weeks and just finished a 6 day 3000
> mile round trip. Admittedly not the best idea I've ever had but the
> van ran flawlessly.
>

> I'm looking for on-line sources for parts and info an am hoping some
> of those here can help me out.. (couldn't find a FAQ)..
>

> I've found
> www.westfalia.org
> www.thesamba.com
> www.germansupply.com
>
> But would be interested in any and all others

Bookmark:
http://www.type2.com/
Click on Library.

http://www.busdepot.com/

http://www2.cip1.com/default.asp

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Old May 28th 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
The busman

Great group for post-67 busses.
http://www.limbobus.org/phpBB4/portal.php
Andy

Old May 28th 09, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall

Sylvester M. McBean wrote:
> After years of looking for just the right westy we found one in
> December .. finally had it ready and on the road early this month
>
> So I've had it on the road two weeks and just finished a 6 day 3000
> mile round trip. Admittedly not the best idea I've ever had but the
> van ran flawlessly.
>

> I'm looking for on-line sources for parts and info an am hoping some
> of those here can help me out.. (couldn't find a FAQ)..
>

> I've found
> www.westfalia.org
> www.thesamba.com
> www.germansupply.com
>
> But would be interested in any and all others

Relevant Type 2 websites generally follow three categories:

1) Sites offering parts and/or information specific to the Type 2
http://www.vanagon.com/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Type_2#T2
http://www.oldvolkshome.com/

2) Retail store sites that sell parts for Types 1, 2, 3, and sometimes
4, like the cip1.com site that Speedy Jim included. Retail store parts
range in quality from cheap knockoffs to OG (Original German, not to be
confused with Original Gangsta)
http://www.oldspeed.com/PartsNew.cfm
http://www.airheadparts.com/home.asp
http://www.eisparts.com/Bus.html
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/ and at the same website:
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/wolfsbu...esti/index.cfm
http://www.1800vw.bizhosting.com/page_index.htm

As with any transaction you make, keep this phrase in mind: Caveat
emptor. http://www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/latin-phrases.htm

3) Sites that offer services, e.g. engine building, restorations, after
market upgrades, machining
http://www.kawellracing.com/services
http://www.fatperformance.com/

4) Added bonus -- sites with links to other sites:
http://www.magmaweb.com/vwmarketplace/vendors/
http://www.roadwaves.com/vwlinks.html

Old May 29th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Sylvester M. McBean

Thanks for all the links..

Theve already proven to be very helpful.