Radio Wiring Diagram Needed for A3

Old May 6th 05, 12:53 AM

Default Radio Wiring Diagram Needed for A3

Need help with a wiring diagram (scanned) or even a written description
of the 10 or so wires coming out of the back of an AM/FM cassette unit
that I've picked up? It appears to have been the basic model radio;
the date on a QC sticker is 1995. Chilton has nothing, it would have
to come from Bentley or the factory manual. Red and brown wires are
the usual, but the rest . . . ?
Thanks in advance,
H2Only

Old May 9th 05, 02:04 PM
wkearney99

Search for VW gamma radio.

There's a page in russian that lists a number of radios:
http://www.erta.ru/Instruction/instruc_VAG.html

The radio pages have some diagrams along with them.

In the future, when asking about a particular device it really helps to give
more informations than it being a "basic model". If you have it out of the
car you should be able to tell the manufacturer or at least the VW part
number.

oups.com...

Old May 9th 05, 09:15 PM

wkearney99 wrote:
> Search for VW gamma radio.
>
> There's a page in russian that lists a number of radios:
> http://www.erta.ru/Instruction/instruc_VAG.html
>
> The radio pages have some diagrams along with them.
>
> In the future, when asking about a particular device it really helps

to give
> more informations than it being a "basic model". If you have it out

of the
> car you should be able to tell the manufacturer or at least the VW

part
> number.

Point taken.
More information:
The front of the deck looks superficially like the 'VW Premium Audio'
made by Matsu****a, although the QC sticker says 'Clarion' (I'm
guessing Matsu****a makes Clarion . . . ?) Hecho en Mexico. It has a
plug on the front for 'CD IN', but no indication of a CD controller.
My unit is simpler, without Dolby and with only a 7.5A fuse vs. 10A at
the Russki website. However, the connector layout in three sections
looks identical, and should be helpful (although I'm not compatible
with pictograms, esp. when =B1 is at issue). Any guesses as to the
power rating? =20
Thanks very much!=20
H2Only

Old May 9th 05, 09:48 PM

Serial Number is 1HM - 035 - 152 - A.

(Going by internet comments, it is a true Clarion and not a Panasonic.)

H2Only

Old May 9th 05, 09:55 PM

Sorry, its Monday.
Correction: 1HM - 035 - 152 - A is the Part Number.
PE - 9849W - 01 is the Model Number.
H2Only

Old May 9th 05, 09:59 PM

Its getting worse instead of better.
The Model Number is: PE - 9840W - 01

Old May 10th 05, 05:53 AM
wkearney99

Yeah, it's a clarion and that's NOT a panasonic, matsu****a or philips unit.

Get a harness kit from crutchfield (or ebay) for the clarion premium audio
and you're set.

As for power rating, please, if you're interested in high fidelity save your
time and just go but a new head unit. <grin>

-Bill Kearney

> wrote in message
oups.com...
The front of the deck looks superficially like the 'VW Premium Audio'
made by Matsu****a, although the QC sticker says 'Clarion' (I'm
guessing Matsu****a makes Clarion . . . ?) Hecho en Mexico. It has a
plug on the front for 'CD IN', but no indication of a CD controller.
My unit is simpler, without Dolby and with only a 7.5A fuse vs. 10A at
the Russki website. However, the connector layout in three sections
looks identical, and should be helpful (although I'm not compatible
with pictograms, esp. when ± is at issue). Any guesses as to the
power rating?

Old May 11th 05, 05:37 PM

wkearney99 wrote:
> Yeah, it's a clarion and that's NOT a panasonic, matsu****a or

philips unit.

> Get a harness kit from crutchfield (or ebay) for the clarion premium

audio
> and you're set.
>
> As for power rating, please, if you're interested in high fidelity

save your
> time and just go but a new head unit. <grin>
>
> -Bill Kearney

Thanks, I'll try crutchfield. Looks like there is plenty of confusion
around the myriad radio suppliers VW has used.
I'm not expecting much power (prev. owner replaced it for a reason,
obviously), but then I'm not building a boombox on wheels either.
H2Only

Radio Wiring 96Dakota Dodge 4 April 13th 05 04:28 AM
1996 Honda Accord Wiring Diagram [email protected] Honda 0 March 3rd 05 03:12 PM
need a wiring diagram Angie Dodge 0 June 17th 04 03:06 PM
Alfa 164 workshop manual or wiring diagram Emjay Alfa Romeo 1 May 12th 04 06:53 PM