NJ GOV CORZINE GIVEN OK TO CONTINUE SPEEDING IN NON-EMERGENCIES

Old June 1st 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default NJ GOV CORZINE GIVEN OK TO CONTINUE SPEEDING IN NON-EMERGENCIES

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/01/nyregion/01panel.html

After Crash, No New Speeding Rule for Corzine’s Drivers

Published: June 1, 2007

TRENTON, May 31 — Acknowledging that Gov. Jon S. Corzine’s recent
near-fatal crash occurred as a trooper drove their S.U.V. at 91 miles
per hour in a 65 m.p.h. zone, the New Jersey State Police superintendent
said Thursday that the governor’s drivers would still not be prohibited
from speeding in non-emergency situations.

Testifying before a panel reviewing the State Police executive
protection unit, the superintendent, Col. Joseph R. Fuentes, said he
would encourage the governor’s office to make more frequent use of
police helicopters, which avoid traffic hazards and other potential threats.

Colonel Fuentes said that when the governor traveled by car, it would be
“counterproductive” to order drivers not to speed, since troopers are
responsible for protecting him from dangerous and unexpected situations,
matters as various as traffic accidents and potential assassinations.

“Speed of the motorcade is a tool that can be used for risk avoidance,”
he said, “distancing the vehicle from perceived threats or to position
the motorcade on the highway in such a way that maximizes the ability to
maneuver amidst traffic.”

(SNIP)

When asked whether the panel would recommend that governors wear seat
belts and that their drivers adhere to speed limits, Mrs. Whitman said
the panel would not issue its recommendations until next month. But she
said she recalled that the troopers who drove her during her years in
office often had to exceed the speed limit to avoid being overrun by
other cars on the road.

“We sped,” Mrs. Whitman said. “As a general rule, we tried to move with
the flow of traffic. But on the turnpike, if you go 65, you’re being
passed by trucks.”

------------------

Hear that crap?. Governors HAVE to speed to avoid being run over by
other drivers!!!!! I've driven the speed limit or less all my life.
Old June 1st 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/01/nyregion/01panel.html

> “We sped,” Mrs. Whitman said. “As a general rule, we tried to move with
> the flow of traffic. But on the turnpike, if you go 65, you’re being
> passed by trucks.”

If government officials know that traffic moves faster than the limit,
then why do they not just raise the limit?

Old June 1st 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
Alan Baker

In article k.net>,
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/01/nyregion/01panel.html
>
> After Crash, No New Speeding Rule for Corzine¹s Drivers
>
> Published: June 1, 2007
>
> TRENTON, May 31 ‹ Acknowledging that Gov. Jon S. Corzine¹s recent
> near-fatal crash occurred as a trooper drove their S.U.V. at 91 miles
> per hour in a 65 m.p.h. zone, the New Jersey State Police superintendent
> said Thursday that the governor¹s drivers would still not be prohibited
> from speeding in non-emergency situations.
>
> Testifying before a panel reviewing the State Police executive
> protection unit, the superintendent, Col. Joseph R. Fuentes, said he
> would encourage the governor¹s office to make more frequent use of
> police helicopters, which avoid traffic hazards and other potential threats.
>
> Colonel Fuentes said that when the governor traveled by car, it would be
> ³counterproductive² to order drivers not to speed, since troopers are
> responsible for protecting him from dangerous and unexpected situations,
> matters as various as traffic accidents and potential assassinations.
>
> ³Speed of the motorcade is a tool that can be used for risk avoidance,²
> he said, ³distancing the vehicle from perceived threats or to position
> the motorcade on the highway in such a way that maximizes the ability to
> maneuver amidst traffic.²
>
> (SNIP)
>
> When asked whether the panel would recommend that governors wear seat
> belts and that their drivers adhere to speed limits, Mrs. Whitman said
> the panel would not issue its recommendations until next month. But she
> said she recalled that the troopers who drove her during her years in
> office often had to exceed the speed limit to avoid being overrun by
> other cars on the road.
>
> ³We sped,² Mrs. Whitman said. ³As a general rule, we tried to move with
> the flow of traffic. But on the turnpike, if you go 65, you¹re being
> passed by trucks.²
>
> ------------------
>
> Hear that crap?. Governors HAVE to speed to avoid being run over by
> other drivers!!!!! I've driven the speed limit or less all my life.

You're a liar. You've admitted to speeding before.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old June 1st 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
Brent P[_1_]

>> TRENTON, May 31 ? Acknowledging that Gov. Jon S. Corzine¹s recent
>> near-fatal crash occurred as a trooper drove their S.U.V. at 91 miles
>> per hour in a 65 m.p.h. zone, the New Jersey State Police superintendent
>> said Thursday that the governor¹s drivers would still not be prohibited
>> from speeding in non-emergency situations.

So, no ticket for the trooper. I called that one correctly.

>> the panel would not issue its recommendations until next month. But she
>> said she recalled that the troopers who drove her during her years in
>> office often had to exceed the speed limit to avoid being overrun by
>> other cars on the road.

That means the speed limit is set wrong, but the government won't admit
that. Just enforce it on everyone but themselves.

Old June 1st 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
¥ UltraMan ¥

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/01/nyregion/01panel.html
>
> After Crash, No New Speeding Rule for Corzine’s Drivers
>
> Published: June 1, 2007
>
> TRENTON, May 31 — Acknowledging that Gov. Jon S. Corzine’s recent
> near-fatal crash occurred as a trooper drove their S.U.V. at 91 miles
> per hour in a 65 m.p.h. zone, the New Jersey State Police
> superintendent said Thursday that the governor’s drivers would still
> not be prohibited from speeding in non-emergency situations.
>
> Testifying before a panel reviewing the State Police executive
> protection unit, the superintendent, Col. Joseph R. Fuentes, said he
> would encourage the governor’s office to make more frequent use of
> police helicopters, which avoid traffic hazards and other potential
> threats.
> Colonel Fuentes said that when the governor traveled by car, it would
> be “counterproductive” to order drivers not to speed, since troopers
> are responsible for protecting him from dangerous and unexpected
> situations, matters as various as traffic accidents and potential
> assassinations.
> “Speed of the motorcade is a tool that can be used for risk
> avoidance,” he said, “distancing the vehicle from perceived threats or to
> position
> the motorcade on the highway in such a way that maximizes the ability
> to maneuver amidst traffic.”
>
> (SNIP)
>
> When asked whether the panel would recommend that governors wear seat
> belts and that their drivers adhere to speed limits, Mrs. Whitman said
> the panel would not issue its recommendations until next month. But
> she said she recalled that the troopers who drove her during her
> years in office often had to exceed the speed limit to avoid being
> overrun by other cars on the road.
>
> “We sped,” Mrs. Whitman said. “As a general rule, we tried to move
> with the flow of traffic. But on the turnpike, if you go 65, you’re being
> passed by trucks.”
>
> ------------------
>
> Hear that crap?. Governors HAVE to speed to avoid being run over by
> other drivers!!!!! I've driven the speed limit or less all my life.

Because you are a sycophantic loser.

Old June 1st 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal

Brent P wrote:

>>> the panel would not issue its recommendations until next month. But she
>>> said she recalled that the troopers who drove her during her years in
>>> office often had to exceed the speed limit to avoid being overrun by
>>> other cars on the road.

> That means the speed limit is set wrong, but the government won't admit
> that. Just enforce it on everyone but themselves.

No - it means the penalties are too light. THINK
Old June 1st 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal

¥ UltraMan ¥ wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/01/nyregion/01panel.html

>> Hear that crap?. Governors HAVE to speed to avoid being run over by
>> other drivers!!!!! I've driven the speed limit or less all my life.

> Because you are a sycophantic loser.

Speeders are murderers and terrorists. That's why you are, you
psychopath. Get help, please.
Old June 1st 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
necromancer

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS:

> Hear that crap?. Governors HAVE to speed to avoid being run over by
> other drivers!!!!!

Yeah, the same-old, same-old do as I say, not as I do crap from American
(sic) government. You expected better???

> I've driven the speed limit or less all my life.

Liar. Here's what should happen to liars like you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92_umrbBC4g

Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend admits
to being a deadly speeder:

"There's a 55mph freeway near where i live and
if i do 50, everybody passes me. But if i do
60 very few do."
--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR
HOMICIDE/
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM) 12/17/2004
ref: http://tinyurl.com/np3y6
Message ID: . com>

Old June 1st 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
Alan Baker

In article .net>,
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote:

> > That means the speed limit is set wrong, but the government won't admit
> > that. Just enforce it on everyone but themselves.

> No - it means the penalties are too light. THINK

Nope. It means the speed limit is set wrong.

People...

....aren't...

....suicidal.

Old June 1st 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Arif Khokar > wrote in
:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/01/nyregion/01panel.html
>
>> “We sped,” Mrs. Whitman said. “As a general rule, we tried to move with
>> the flow of traffic. But on the turnpike, if you go 65, you’re being
>> passed by trucks.”

> If government officials know that traffic moves faster than the limit,
> then why do they not just raise the limit?

because then they could not collect revenue so easily.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik