98 Dodge Grand Caravan Problems

Old August 29th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
msmith1977

Default 98 Dodge Grand Caravan Problems

I have 2 separate (I think) problems with my 98 Grand Caravan.
Problem #1 The first one started 8 months ago when I was driving across
country... My instrument panel died. It came back to life a few minutes
later but it scared the hell out of me. When the gauges are dead
(spedomenter, gas, odometer, all of them...) the check engine light and the
ABS light come on. Then just as suddenly the panel comes back on. It used
to happen once every few weeks, but now it's every day. Is it the computer?
Could it be something easy to fix?

Problem #2 My drivers side window has stopped working. This just started a
few days ago. The window was lowering and raising slowly and with great
effort. Then it just started to stop working for minutes at a time. Now it
won't lower at all. Now I can't even use the drive through ATM or the
Wendy's pickup window. In AZ this time of year thats a big deal! I don't
know if the window has just slipped off track or something, but I don't know
how to open up the door panel on this thing.

Please help.