Blow Down Testing

Old May 28th 07, 05:09 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.pontiac,rec.autos.tech
Scott Buchanan

Default Blow Down Testing

1995 Pontiac Grand AM four cylinder.

I understand how to do cylinder blow down testing but do not know how to
interpret the results. I would imagine if it lost no pressure, that would be
good.
What if it lost say 10 PSI in one minute is that good? What is good and what
is bad?

Thanks, Scott

Old May 28th 07, 10:54 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.pontiac,rec.autos.tech
tom418

This is how it's done with general aviation engines:
http://www.littleflyers.com/engcomp.htm

This is one part of an airplane's annual inspection where we owners hold our
breath.

"Scott Buchanan" > wrote in message
> 1995 Pontiac Grand AM four cylinder.
>
> I understand how to do cylinder blow down testing but do not know how to
> interpret the results. I would imagine if it lost no pressure, that would

be
> good.
> What if it lost say 10 PSI in one minute is that good? What is good and

what
> is bad?
>

> Thanks, Scott

AC on MAX does not blow well Chris Lamb Jeep 2 July 29th 05 09:07 AM
Blow-by question Daniel Paisley Jeep 5 April 12th 05 04:20 PM
sparkplug blow by Knight Jeep 5 January 22nd 05 04:02 AM
Blow-off Valve omirix Technology 0 December 20th 04 04:09 PM