Polishing my headlights

Old November 29th 20, 09:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_3_]

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

> A different situation: I'd bought an old Dodge pickup where someone with
> big truck envy

"Big truck envy", you verbose big words addict? LOL
Old November 29th 20, 12:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

Default Polishing my headlights

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 28 Nov 2020 19:49:21 -0600, Hank Rogers
> wrote:

>rbowman wrote:

>>> The trade off with modern lighting is that to get brighter
>>> lighting with
>>> the smaller reflectors used they run the bulbs at a higher
>>> voltage than
>>> they used to. So an older sealed beam may have been tagged as a
>>> 12 volt.
>>> but the filament was set up to run at 14 or higher. So the sealed
>>> beams
>>> tended to last a while, unless they were the cheap ones and in poor
>>> mountings.

>>> Nope, fog lights are not required lighting. They can stop you for

Yep. Read my other post. You act like there is one law for the whole
country, and that you know what that law is. You're wrong on the first
and I doubt you're right about any state.

>>> headlights, tail brake (although technically the laws state you
>>> need two
>>> rear facing brake lights so if the CHMSL is working they cannot
>>> give you
>>> a ticket for one out UNLESS it is also the turn lamp) And these
>>> days for
>>> not having them on in the rain.
>>>

>> A different situation: I'd bought an old Dodge pickup where someone
>> with big truck envy had installed clearance lights on the cab.
>> According to New Hampshire law while they certainly weren't
>> required if they were there they had to work.
>>

>So, remove them. Caulk the holes with RTV silicon.

Since they were added after manufacture, that would probably work, but
you never know and I'd check first. And actually it's easier to replace
a burned out bulb or two than to remove them.
Old November 30th 20, 10:00 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Steve W.[_6_]

rbowman wrote:
> On 11/28/2020 02:13 PM, Steve W. wrote:
>> micky wrote:
>>> In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 28 Nov 2020 06:18:47 -0600, Vic Smith

>>> Well maybe I didn't drive as much as I could have.

>>> But I drive less now than I did then, and I was one-eyed twice in the
>>> last two years. Occasionally when I'm facing something reflective, a
>>> store window, certain cars, I test my headlights but I don't know how
>>> long they had been out. There are enough street lights here that
>>> unless I go to the next town at night, I can't tell by how well I can
>>> see.

>> The trade off with modern lighting is that to get brighter lighting with
>> the smaller reflectors used they run the bulbs at a higher voltage than
>> they used to. So an older sealed beam may have been tagged as a 12 volt.
>> but the filament was set up to run at 14 or higher. So the sealed beams
>> tended to last a while, unless they were the cheap ones and in poor
>> mountings.
>>
>>> Also one fog light burned out. Will the police stop you for that? I
>>> guess, if allowed, it would make a good excuse and they like to stop
>>> people.

>> Nope, fog lights are not required lighting. They can stop you for
>> headlights, tail brake (although technically the laws state you need two
>> rear facing brake lights so if the CHMSL is working they cannot give you
>> a ticket for one out UNLESS it is also the turn lamp) And these days for
>> not having them on in the rain.
>>

> A different situation: I'd bought an old Dodge pickup where someone with
> big truck envy had installed clearance lights on the cab. According to
> New Hampshire law while they certainly weren't required if they were
> there they had to work.

Don't see that in the V&T laws for passenger vehicles. I know for
commercial vehicles that is the case though and many states have
pick-ups tagged as commercial vehicles so for a pickup truck it would
likely apply under the CMV laws.

--
Steve W.
Old November 30th 20, 10:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_5_]

On 11/30/2020 01:00 AM, Steve W. wrote:

> Don't see that in the V&T laws for passenger vehicles. I know for
> commercial vehicles that is the case though and many states have
> pick-ups tagged as commercial vehicles so for a pickup truck it would
> likely apply under the CMV laws.

In Kalifornia you don't have to register your pickup as a commercial
vehicle unless you plan to actually carry something in the bed. Really
cheesy. Just like our liability insurance -- which goes with the car
rather than the driver. If you have 3 cars you have to have 3 liability
policies although you can only drive one car at a time.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do.

Old December 1st 20, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
AMuzi

On 11/30/2020 3:35 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 11/30/2020 01:00 AM, Steve W. wrote:
>
>> Don't see that in the V&T laws for passenger vehicles. I
>> know for
>> commercial vehicles that is the case though and many
>> states have
>> pick-ups tagged as commercial vehicles so for a pickup
>> truck it would
>> likely apply under the CMV laws.

> In Kalifornia you don't have to register your pickup as a
> commercial vehicle unless you plan to actually carry
> something in the bed. Really cheesy. Just like our
> liability insurance -- which goes with the car rather than
> the driver. If you have 3 cars you have to have 3 liability
> policies although you can only drive one car at a time.

>"Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do.

They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy,
they'd have indoor plumbing by now." -- Ann
Coulter

Your sig quotes brighten my day!
Thank you, Bev.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Old December 1st 20, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Heron[_2_]

On 11/30/2020 6:47 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 11/30/2020 3:35 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 11/30/2020 01:00 AM, Steve W. wrote:
>>
>>> Don't see that in the V&T laws for passenger vehicles. I
>>> know for
>>> commercial vehicles that is the case though and many
>>> states have
>>> pick-ups tagged as commercial vehicles so for a pickup
>>> truck it would
>>> likely apply under the CMV laws.

>> In Kalifornia you don't have to register your pickup as a
>> commercial vehicle unless you plan to actually carry
>> something in the bed. Really cheesy.Â* Just like our
>> liability insurance -- which goes with the car rather than
>> the driver.Â* If you have 3 cars you have to have 3 liability
>> policies although you can only drive one car at a time.

>> "Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do.

> Â*Â* They don't have the energy.Â* If they had that much energy,
> Â*Â* they'd have indoor plumbing by now."Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* -- Ann Coulter
>

> Your sig quotes brighten my day!
> Thank you, Bev.

Makes me want to vomit.
Old December 1st 20, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Steve W.[_6_]

The Real Bev wrote:
> On 11/30/2020 01:00 AM, Steve W. wrote:
>
>> Don't see that in the V&T laws for passenger vehicles. I know for
>> commercial vehicles that is the case though and many states have
>> pick-ups tagged as commercial vehicles so for a pickup truck it would
>> likely apply under the CMV laws.

> In Kalifornia you don't have to register your pickup as a commercial
> vehicle unless you plan to actually carry something in the bed. Really
> cheesy. Just like our liability insurance -- which goes with the car
> rather than the driver. If you have 3 cars you have to have 3 liability
> policies although you can only drive one car at a time.

Most states started as having them commercial, then changed it when they
started to become used more like cars than trucks. About that same time
was when the double cabs with s 4 foot "bed" started showing up...

Not a surprise on the insurance, anything to fleece the sheep. NY hasn't
gone that way yet.
--
Steve W.
Old December 1st 20, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
rbowman

On 11/30/2020 02:35 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 11/30/2020 01:00 AM, Steve W. wrote:
>
>> Don't see that in the V&T laws for passenger vehicles. I know for
>> commercial vehicles that is the case though and many states have
>> pick-ups tagged as commercial vehicles so for a pickup truck it would
>> likely apply under the CMV laws.

> In Kalifornia you don't have to register your pickup as a commercial
> vehicle unless you plan to actually carry something in the bed. Really
> cheesy. Just like our liability insurance -- which goes with the car
> rather than the driver. If you have 3 cars you have to have 3 liability
> policies although you can only drive one car at a time.

I've got a truck, a car, and three motorcycles. I'm trying for a fleet
discount. The truck and motorcycles don't cost much luckily.
Old December 1st 20, 08:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_3_]

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 20:42:13 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> I've got a truck, a car, and three motorcycles. I'm trying for a fleet
> discount. The truck and motorcycles don't cost much luckily.

So, how many brain cells have you got, senile covid- and trumptard? <G>
Old December 1st 20, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Eli the Bearded

In rec.autos.tech, micky > wrote:
> 3 weeks ago I polished my headlight lenses.
> They came out great.

Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

I keep seeing this topic and wondering why there isn't an alt.sex.*
group in the crosspost.

Elijah
------
polish them slower

Windshield polishing help-slip-franklin VW air cooled 3 February 16th 07 06:12 PM
WJ Lense Polishing Mindy Jeep 4 January 2nd 06 08:47 PM
polishing tailpipes? N8N Technology 2 February 14th 05 09:02 PM
Polishing,Plating. Mike Aldana Antique cars 0 January 14th 05 03:27 PM
polishing/plating mike aldana Antique cars 0 October 12th 03 03:25 PM