What terminology means a soft ride?

Old November 29th 20, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Scott Dorsey

Default What terminology means a soft ride?

Jon Voight > wrote:
>On 11/27/2020 9:02 AM, micky wrote:
>> I don't need a new car now but I will and I want to understand
>> terminology.
>>
>> I want a car with soft ride so I will not feel the bumps.

>You can't beat an '83 LeBaron Town & Country for style and comfort.

Those are incredibly mushy, but the Continental of a few years earlier is
even mushier. Huge pigs wallowing all over the road... you could
drive right over the curb and not know it because the suspension is
so soft. And you probably will since there's so much backlash in
the steering.
--scott

Old December 1st 20, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Tekkie©

On 29 Nov 2020 14:29:44 -0000, Scott Dorsey posted for all of us to digest...

> Jon Voight > wrote:
> >On 11/27/2020 9:02 AM, micky wrote:
> >> I don't need a new car now but I will and I want to understand
> >> terminology.
> >>
> >> I want a car with soft ride so I will not feel the bumps.

> >You can't beat an '83 LeBaron Town & Country for style and comfort.

> Those are incredibly mushy, but the Continental of a few years earlier is
> even mushier. Huge pigs wallowing all over the road... you could
> drive right over the curb and not know it because the suspension is
> so soft. And you probably will since there's so much backlash in
> the steering.
> --scott

To OP

Touring is the term. Like taking a Sunday drive with all the people cussing
behind you.

--
Tekkie