Mandatory ‘Big Brother’ Black Boxes In All New Cars From 2015

Old April 20th 12, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
little turtle

Default Mandatory ‘Big Brother’ Black Boxes In All New Cars From 2015

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Manda...38/38/Y/M.html

Old April 20th 12, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Orval Fairbairn

Default Mandatory ŒBig Brother¹ Black BoxesIn All New Cars From 2015

In article >,
little turtle > wrote:

> http://www.blacklistednews.com/Manda...%80%99_Black_B
> oxes_In_All_New_Cars_From_2015/19037/0/38/38/Y/M.html

I wonder how many of them will suffer from "overvoltage failure."
Old April 20th 12, 11:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
James Robinson

Orval Fairbairn > wrote:

> little turtle > wrote:
>
>> http://www.blacklistednews.com/Manda...other%E2%80%99
>> _Black_B oxes_In_All_New_Cars_From_2015/19037/0/38/38/Y/M.html

> I wonder how many of them will suffer from "overvoltage failure."

Bet they have them set up so if the recorder isn't working, the car won't
run.
Old April 20th 12, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Jim Yanik

Orval Fairbairn > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> little turtle > wrote:
>
>> http://www.blacklistednews.com/Manda...other%E2%80%99
>> _Black_B oxes_In_All_New_Cars_From_2015/19037/0/38/38/Y/M.html

> I wonder how many of them will suffer from "overvoltage failure."

I suspect they will be integral with your engine's electronic fuel
injection controller,so,if you kill the "black box",you kill your car.
much of what they want to monitor is already saved in the ECU or ABS
systems.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik