Thermostat

Old November 29th 10, 11:09 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default Thermostat

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:06:16 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>On 28/11/2010 20:32, Zathras wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 12:50:32 -0000, > wrote:

>> After about 5 miles it would perk up noticeably. Actually, if that
>> cleverness had gone tits up, it could explain some of your symptoms.
>> The dash could be routing cold air to the cabin instead of hot. I'm
>> not sure if that characteristic can be manually over-ridden.
>>

>That would have no effect on the engine temperature gauge...

True, but there seem to be some conflicting symptoms with this one so
it's difficult to rule out more than one fault or one fault knocking
on into another unusual one..

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old November 29th 10, 11:15 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:04:49 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>On 28/11/2010 20:17, Zathras wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:10:02 +0000, Catman
>> > wrote:

>>> Nope. It's not getting hot enough.

>> Eh?
>>

>I think I was losing the will to live

Me too..I've got to navigate a torquey rear wheel drive car up and
down a hill while trying to keep the 'summer' 255 section tyres on the
rear from giving up and there's 5 inches of snow here..

The old 156 was fine in the snow until it turned into a sledge/snow
plough at the front. The raised snow between the tracks always made me
wince/sweat in that car..no need for a heater then!

Old November 29th 10, 11:48 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 29/11/2010 11:09, Zathras wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:06:16 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> On 28/11/2010 20:32, Zathras wrote:
>>> On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 12:50:32 -0000, > wrote:

>>> After about 5 miles it would perk up noticeably. Actually, if that
>>> cleverness had gone tits up, it could explain some of your symptoms.
>>> The dash could be routing cold air to the cabin instead of hot. I'm
>>> not sure if that characteristic can be manually over-ridden.
>>>

>> That would have no effect on the engine temperature gauge...

> True, but there seem to be some conflicting symptoms with this one so
> it's difficult to rule out more than one fault or one fault knocking
> on into another unusual one..

Nah

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old November 29th 10, 05:43 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Zathras > wrote:

> >I think I was losing the will to live

> Me too..I've got to navigate a torquey rear wheel drive car up and
> down a hill while trying to keep the 'summer' 255 section tyres on the
> rear from giving up and there's 5 inches of snow here..

Snow Socks are the answer to your problems.

I have just bought 2 sets - one for the 156 and one for the Prius.

Not used them yet, but at least I know it's unlikely I'll get stuck
anywhere - assuming other traffic hasn't blocked things up.

--
SteveH
Old November 29th 10, 05:50 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 29/11/2010 17:43, SteveH wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>>> I think I was losing the will to live

>> Me too..I've got to navigate a torquey rear wheel drive car up and
>> down a hill while trying to keep the 'summer' 255 section tyres on the
>> rear from giving up and there's 5 inches of snow here..

> Snow Socks are the answer to your problems.
>
> I have just bought 2 sets - one for the 156 and one for the Prius.
>
> Not used them yet, but at least I know it's unlikely I'll get stuck
> anywhere - assuming other traffic hasn't blocked things up.

URL?

Old November 29th 10, 06:04 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

http://search.ebay.co.uk/200544598615
--
SteveH
Old November 29th 10, 07:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

On 29/11/2010 18:04, SteveH wrote:
> > wrote:

>>> Snow Socks are the answer to your problems.
>>>
>>> I have just bought 2 sets - one for the 156 and one for the Prius.
>>>
>>> Not used them yet, but at least I know it's unlikely I'll get stuck
>>> anywhere - assuming other traffic hasn't blocked things up.

>> URL?

> http://search.ebay.co.uk/200544598615

Hmm, interesting. And you can look like a crash test dummy as well

Old December 2nd 10, 10:29 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:48:23 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>On 29/11/2010 11:09, Zathras wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:06:16 +0000, Catman
>> > wrote:

>>> That would have no effect on the engine temperature gauge...

>> True, but there seem to be some conflicting symptoms with this one so
>> it's difficult to rule out more than one fault or one fault knocking
>> on into another unusual one..
>>

>Nah

Cold cabin, cold radiator..engine ok. Where's the heat going then
smarty pants? ;-)

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)

Honda thermostat fixed + how to test your thermostat... [email protected] Honda 5 March 18th 09 02:33 AM
'79 Thermostat JohnO Ford Mustang 7 January 2nd 07 03:10 PM
thermostat! Steve VW air cooled 15 December 31st 05 08:36 AM
thermostat XY Alfa Romeo 1 October 28th 05 11:54 AM
Thermostat Randall Brink VW air cooled 23 February 6th 05 03:31 PM