Should EA apologize?

Old February 19th 05, 11:39 PM
ZZ

Default Should EA apologize?

I was wondering, while I read the posts about how to get NSR running,
should EA apologize for putting out such an unfinished product?
I don't have it, but reading here, it seems like it's an unfinished game
and was pushed out the door in time for the "500".

Again, I can only tell from what I read here. It seems Larry has a nose
for finding the problems and posting fixes, so I'm going to wait until
he says he's found how to fix everything.

There is one thing that might really kill the deal for me though. It's
the copy protection thing that won't allow me to have Alcohol or Deamon
or other CD copy tools on my system. I like to make copies of my legally
bought games for my own protection.

--
Richard "ZZ" Busch

http://gplrank.schuerkamp.de/gtrank_banners/14884.gif

Member:
Screamers Racing League
oAo
AoA
MARA GTR
GT Rank +36.233
NGT Rank +49.137
GT Rank Monster +1270.813
GPL Rank + 14.768
MoGPL Rank + 308.654
N2003 Rank -18.8060
Old February 19th 05, 11:47 PM
JP

"ZZ" > wrote in message ...
> I was wondering, while I read the posts about how to get NSR running,
> should EA apologize for putting out such an unfinished product?
> I don't have it, but reading here, it seems like it's an unfinished game
> and was pushed out the door in time for the "500".
>
> Again, I can only tell from what I read here. It seems Larry has a nose
> for finding the problems and posting fixes, so I'm going to wait until
> he says he's found how to fix everything.
>
> There is one thing that might really kill the deal for me though. It's
> the copy protection thing that won't allow me to have Alcohol or Deamon
> or other CD copy tools on my system. I like to make copies of my legally
> bought games for my own protection.
>

> --
> Richard "ZZ" Busch

Yep, they should apologize. Shame on them

<rolls eyes>

And if they did, the point would be what ?

Old February 20th 05, 12:19 AM

JP wrote:

> Yep, they should apologize. Shame on them
>
> <rolls eyes>
>
> And if they did, the point would be what ?

I agree, this hatred of EA just seems ludicrous.

You want an apology from EA for producing the finest Nascar simulaton
to date?

Now THIS is what I call entertainment, ROFL.

Old February 20th 05, 12:34 AM
Darus

"You want an apology from EA for producing the finest Nascar simulaton
to date? "

In the many other posts you add to, you keep mentioning the fact that
you have the demo. How can you form a valid opinion on NSR without
owning the product? And again I ask you to provide some details as to
WHY this is the "finest NASCAR simulation to date". Can you offer ANY
insight into WHAT makes this so great?

I found alink at superspeedway.net that list tons of tweaks for the
config and plr files that make this game ALMOST tolerable, at least
graphically. Shouldn't this be something that is done *before* the game
goes gold? Why do I (and many others) have spend hours changing 1's to
0's and vice versa to get the product to work in a reasonable manner?

Old February 20th 05, 12:39 AM
The Captain

"Darus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>How can you form a valid opinion on NSR without
> owning the product?

Simple. It's called "word of mouth"....

Based off the fact that EA's new "anti-piracy" stance is included in NSR
(read: the INability for the end-user to run any CD/DVD simulation software
such as Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%), I will not be buying said product.

I don't care WHO you are - NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT I *CAN* AND *CANNOT RUN* ON
*MY* GD MACHINE!!!

Old February 20th 05, 01:07 AM
Darus

If you are making statements regarding a particular piece of software
based on "word of mouth" then you opinion is not YOURS.

No one is telling you what you can or cannot run on your machine. Show
me where EA has said that you can't run any of the stuff you mentioned.
YOu simply can't use it with THEIR code installed at the same time.
Your purchase of any software is only allows you a license to use their
software and is contingent on agreeing to their policies.

Old February 20th 05, 01:22 AM
spark

I have Alcohol 120% on my system and I had no problem installing and
running NSR. As for whether EA should apologize...NSR is what it is, a
$30 Nascar game. Does it appear to have been rushed out to meet a
deadline? Definitely. Hopefully, some of the issues will be fixed before
the next Daytone 500. I'm not sure that SimRacing means the same thing
to EA as it does to many of us.

Spark

Old February 20th 05, 01:24 AM
JP

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> JP wrote:
>
> > Yep, they should apologize. Shame on them
> >
> > <rolls eyes>
> >
> > And if they did, the point would be what ?

> I agree, this hatred of EA just seems ludicrous.
>
> You want an apology from EA for producing the finest Nascar simulaton
> to date?
>
> Now THIS is what I call entertainment, ROFL.

Well, I agree with many of the complaints made fwiw. But asking them to
apologize ? LOL. "Somewhere over the rainbow......."

Old February 20th 05, 01:35 AM

Darus wrote:
> "You want an apology from EA for producing the finest Nascar

simulaton
> to date? "
>
> In the many other posts you add to, you keep mentioning the fact that
> you have the demo. How can you form a valid opinion on NSR without
> owning the product? And again I ask you to provide some details as to
> WHY this is the "finest NASCAR simulation to date". Can you offer ANY
> insight into WHAT makes this so great?
>
> I found alink at superspeedway.net that list tons of tweaks for the
> config and plr files that make this game ALMOST tolerable, at least
> graphically. Shouldn't this be something that is done *before* the

game
> goes gold? Why do I (and many others) have spend hours changing 1's

> 0's and vice versa to get the product to work in a reasonable manner?

I now have the full product and am loving it.

NSR looks stunningly gorgeous right out of the box so I have no idea
what you are taking about.

Old February 20th 05, 02:33 PM
Larry

I'm sure I won't find them all. Hell, I can't even find out how to call the
tow truck in online races when you get flat tires!

As for backing up games, well, I think the DMCA has killed that. Any good
software that would do it is now illegal, and the delelopers are taking away
more of our rights with every release.

The Fair-Use Doctrine has taken a beating every since the DMCA was passed

-Larry