Why is Chrysler still selling new 2006 Crossfires?

Old August 10th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Default Why is Chrysler still selling new 2006 Crossfires?

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

> Circa 1960?
> >
>>Not like
>>the old days of MoPar where everything had the same window crank, door
>>handles, voltage regulator, alternator, etc.

The amount of interchangability among Chrysler cars from about 1960-61
right through the 80s is amazing. There was an almost 20-year run there
where the technology continued to advance and the cars got more advanced
sub-systems, but interchangeability wasn't disrupted. Its great for us
Mopar collectors now, because we can back-fit all sorts of things so
easily. Disk brakes for a '66 Polara? Get a set of disk-brake steering
knuckles off a '73 Newport at a junkyard, the combination valve off ANY
post-71 Mopar, and buy the rest at NAPA (pads, rotors, calipers, etc
are all still in-stock most of the time). The whole conversion costs
under $200, compared to over a grand for an aftermarket custom brake system.

Even the 80s front-drive cars (sucky as they were) shared a lot of basic
mechanical components during the K-car era.

Old August 11th 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Mister Bear" > wrote in message
> I still see dealers advertising NEW 2006 Crossfire coupes and roadsters!
> Does anyone know why? Mister B

I would guess because they still have them on the lot!!!

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old August 12th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

the car ss a blast to drive if you are a driver and the car really sucks
in the snow you will get stuck real easy

Old August 12th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Itsfrom Click

On ThursdayI posted about a nice Crossfire couple at a local dealer
(with 3000 miles for $19,000).....it's been sold and driving around town
with plates on it now.

Today (Sunday) the same dealer now has a convert....but it's $23,000.

This is an independent dealer with about 40 cars on its small
lot.......and said to go to Detrot mfg's auctions to get real executive
cars. Looks like the word is out to get rid or the Crossfires.......and
our little town of 20,000 may end-up as the Crossfire Capital of
Ohio!!!!

Old August 13th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article >, philthy >
wrote:

> the car ss a blast to drive if you are a driver and the car really sucks
> in the snow you will get stuck real easy

Of course it's a toy, but it does seem to be a steal.
Old August 13th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mister Bear

Default Why is Chrysler still selling new 2006 Crossfires? A dudmaybe?

I suppose I set myself up for wisecrack comebacks when I asked WHY new
2006 Crossfires are still at dealerships. I have never run into a
similar situation before. The question is why haven't 2 year old new
2006 Crossfires sold? Bad car? Too expensive? Supply problem? When
new cars remain unsold this long, there's has to be a story behind it.

In contrast, the new Saturn Sky has generally had a waiting list for
availability. A new '08 Sky at full list price can be had way cheaper
than most new 2006 Crossfires sold at deep 5-figure discounts. This is
just plain strange.

Mister B

Old August 13th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Mister Bear wrote:

> I suppose I set myself up for wisecrack comebacks when I asked WHY new
> 2006 Crossfires are still at dealerships. I have never run into a
> similar situation before. The question is why haven't 2 year old new
> 2006 Crossfires sold? Bad car? Too expensive? Supply problem? When
> new cars remain unsold this long, there's has to be a story behind it.
>
> In contrast, the new Saturn Sky has generally had a waiting list for
> availability. A new '08 Sky at full list price can be had way cheaper
> than most new 2006 Crossfires sold at deep 5-figure discounts. This is
> just plain strange.
>
> Mister B

They built too many for the demand. Its styling is extreme enough to
have very limited appeal, and combined with a potentially tempermental
and expensive to maintain Mercedes drivetrain, and it lacked enough
performance to be attractive except for the turbo version (which was
even MORE expensive). The Prowler had even more extreme styling, but was
more attractive, had more base performance, and did it with a very
simple and dead-nuts reliable Chrysler drivetrain borrowed from the LH
cars. More importantly, they did a better job of predicting the Prowler
demand and didn't build so many of them.

Old August 14th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

it's a small german 2 seater car that was way overpriced for what it is
trying to be sold in a american market that did not want it and did i
mention it sucks in the snow

Old August 14th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Vaughn

2006 overall was bad because of over production for DC. I still see brand
new 06 300's and a few brand new Chargers being sold at dealerships.
The 07 production is much less. Used 06's will take a huge depreciation
because of this.