Google Maps inclusion

Old September 10th 08, 10:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,ca.driving,ba.transportation,ne.transportation
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Google Maps inclusion

Hi Viatologists,

As OpCo draws closer to the 50% mark, we have some excellent news!

Effective immediately, the Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL) provides
maps for its road photographs!!! It's really easy to use. Just click on
the geographic coordinates that correspond to the road you're checking out.

Need an example? Here is Chris Elbert's photograph of Oregon State Route
82: http://wwtl.info/tmp/1009
Again, it's as simple as clicking the coordinates. That's all there is to
it.

The maps are provided by Google, an excellent provider of worldwide road
atlases (...and ****ty photographs called Street View!). Once you're done
looking at the highway map, just move to the top of the page and click the
arrow-icon that's beside our navigation tabs. You'll be sent back to the
road photograph right away.

If the road photograph contains coordinates, it will also have the Map
feature. Our photographs come from the Americas, Europe, Asia, and
Australia.

I'd like to take a moment and thank Fraidoon Sarwary for helping make Map
integration possible. By introducing me to a tool called 'sed', I was able
to take a several-month project and consolidate it into a mere three-hour
programming session. sed is neat because you can apply regex to your query
strings -- and if that's not the kicker, you can apply changes to several
files simultaneously..

À l'avenir,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we offer several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 demonstrations -- free of charge.
********