Avoid GREDDY and Sport Compact Only

Old December 21st 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Avoid GREDDY and Sport Compact Only

Warning to fellow car owners out there to stay away from Greddy
products and if you do make the mistake of purchasing a Greddy product
make sure you don't buy it from Sport Compact Only.

Both companies have insulting warranty programs and are utterly
useless.

I purchased a Greddy SP2 from Sport Compact Only back in September.
Less than 3 months later the resonator started making a vibrating
noise. I have two service shops confirm it's the resonator and suggest
I start the warranty process with Greddy.

The warranty process is this......Both Greddy and Sport Compact Only
expect you to dismantle your exhaust system and send the whole darn
thing in for "inspection" WITHOUT sending a replacement part at the
same time. I'm told the process can take anywhere from 1 to 2 months.

For two companies to think I have a fleet of cars at my disposal so I
can dismantle one of them just to get a replacement part is ridiculous.

Stay away from these two companies.

Old March 24th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

wrote in news:1166722282.177105.224750@
73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com:

> Warning to fellow car owners out there to stay away from Greddy
> products and if you do make the mistake of purchasing a Greddy product
> make sure you don't buy it from Sport Compact Only.
>
> Both companies have insulting warranty programs and are utterly
> useless.
>
> I purchased a Greddy SP2 from Sport Compact Only back in September.
> Less than 3 months later the resonator started making a vibrating
> noise. I have two service shops confirm it's the resonator and suggest
> I start the warranty process with Greddy.
>
> The warranty process is this......Both Greddy and Sport Compact Only
> expect you to dismantle your exhaust system and send the whole darn
> thing in for "inspection" WITHOUT sending a replacement part at the
> same time. I'm told the process can take anywhere from 1 to 2 months.
>
> For two companies to think I have a fleet of cars at my disposal so I
> can dismantle one of them just to get a replacement part is ridiculous.
>

> Stay away from these two companies.

Or you could just stay away from that aftermarket riceboy **** in the first
place.

And you could hang on to your OEM goodies so you can reinstall them while
the aftermarket butchers try to tell their asses from a hole in the ground.

Sorry buddy, you deserve what you got here. How much did you make selling
your good stuff on eBay? And was it worth it? Huh? Was it?

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old March 24th 07, 07:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 03:38:00 +0000, Tegger wrote:

> Or you could just stay away from that aftermarket riceboy **** in the first
> place.
>
> And you could hang on to your OEM goodies so you can reinstall them while
> the aftermarket butchers try to tell their asses from a hole in the ground.
>
> Sorry buddy, you deserve what you got here. How much did you make selling
> your good stuff on eBay? And was it worth it? Huh? Was it?

There are certain aftermarket updates I would love to make to my 06 Si.
I'd love to get a turbocharger, and perhaps a higher-flow exhaust.

But, I'll never do it. In the end, it just isn't worth it. You risk
****ing up your engine, voiding any warranty, and not having your $20,000+
toy available to you.

It's fine if you have the wads of cash lying around to allow you a couple
of cars to fool around with, and not impact your daily ride, but for most
of us it is just foolish.

My big question to the OP, why would you expect them to send you out a new
exhaust system before they have determined that something is actually
wrong with the one you have, or that the problem is covered under
warranty? And if it is a design flaw, how would them sending you out a
replacement help?

If you are making changes like this to your only vehicle, you should have
kept the stock parts around. To make a major change like this, and not
have a spare (not knowing what the new system will do, long term) is just
plain silly.