Close call!!!

Old March 18th 05, 09:59 PM
Johnny Mc

Default Close call!!!

I am planning on being in Corvette Poker Run Saturday and last time they did
this there were 28 Corvettes in a row doing 130 mph. So, yesterday I had 4
new "Z" rated tires put on my 84 Vette and today I dropped her off to have
the front-end checked out. It was handling great, but you never know. They
said everything looked great and they were adjusting the toe as I wrote out
a check for the alignment. Then the front-end-man walks in and says to the
manager and me..... "You better come take a look at this....."
I walk out and under my Vette and there hung a snapped tie-rod. He had just
started to tighten it and "SNAP" You talk a bout a close one. There was an
air bubble in the metal right at the beginning of the threads and at that
point there was only about 20% of the rod connecting. Just yesterday I was
cruising down the highway doing 100 mph. If that tie-rod would have snapped,
well.... I am glad it snapped under his wrench!

--

I Brew My Own Damn Beer!
Johnny Mc

To E-mail me, get rid of the "BAD-BEER"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old March 19th 05, 12:21 AM
Zorin Inc.

Wow, sounds like your lucky day, are you gonna replace both sides now just
for a good feeling?

Old March 19th 05, 12:24 AM
RicSeyler

If there is a "left and a "right" tie rod end part numbers, I wouldn't
worry,
they would be manufactured at different times and batches. I'd be
completely surprised if even one in the same batch would have that anomaly.

--
Ric Seyler

Old March 21st 05, 03:31 PM
Johnny Mc

I changed both!

Old March 21st 05, 10:33 PM
RicSeyler

Which is a good idea, if for nothing else both now have new joints.

--
Ric Seyler

Old March 22nd 05, 12:16 AM
chris

When I bought my vette it had a broken passenger side tie rod. I
replaced the rack and pinion with a Z51 unit. (can you replace just the
threaded ends coming out of the rack and pinion?)

Chris

Old March 22nd 05, 06:19 PM
Johnny Mc

>"chris" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> When I bought my vette it had a broken passenger side tie rod. I
> replaced the rack and pinion with a Z51 unit. (can you replace just the
> threaded ends coming out of the rack and pinion?)
>
> Chris

I replaced the whole thing $$$$$$$

--

I Brew My Own Damn Beer!
Johnny Mc

To E-mail me, get rid of the "BAD-BEER"

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL EASY MONEY!!!! [email protected] Driving 0 February 11th 05 03:55 AM
while pumpkins monthly call books, the sauces often clean near the smart hats Frederic Technology 0 January 15th 05 12:56 PM
my dirty disk won't call before I lift it Georgette Lewis General 0 January 14th 05 10:39 PM
we call the cold cloud Edith General 0 January 14th 05 10:00 PM
some inner outer pens hatefully pull as the pathetic envelopes call [email protected] Technology 0 January 14th 05 09:08 PM