Any good Indycar sims?

Old April 27th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Hall

Default Any good Indycar sims?

I think I ask this question about once a year, but I always forget the
answer. I miss driving down the corkscrew at Laguna Seca in that old
Papyrus sim. I'd even settle for a mediocre IRL sim as long as it
includes the Brickyard. Anything decent out there now or on the
horizon?
Old April 28th 07, 10:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ronald Stoehr

Tim Hall wrote:
> I think I ask this question about once a year, but I always forget the
> answer. I miss driving down the corkscrew at Laguna Seca in that old
> Papyrus sim. I'd even settle for a mediocre IRL sim as long as it
> includes the Brickyard. Anything decent out there now or on the
> horizon?

Pretty much the only chance to get a (hopefully)great CART sim, and for free!

<http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Fedex%20CART%20World%20Series%201998 >

I'm checking this WIP almost every other day. Can't wait for it's release...

Meanwhile, you could use this addon:

<http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=X%2DRace%20Oval%20Series>

using the Indycar update.

l8er
ronny
Old April 28th 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Pipboy

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:44:05 -0700, Tim Hall wrote:

> I think I ask this question about once a year, but I always forget the
> answer. I miss driving down the corkscrew at Laguna Seca in that old
> Papyrus sim. I'd even settle for a mediocre IRL sim as long as it
> includes the Brickyard. Anything decent out there now or on the
> horizon?

The best you can hope for is that sopmeone makes such a mod for rFactor.
Last Indycar sim fell short because the dicks at Codemasters forced it out
the door before it was ready for prime time. They released it with no
mirrors on the cars even.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat.../indycarseries
Old April 28th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chad Pierce

Try looking at Cybercup.com.
We ran a 10 race IRL series over the winter.

Fisimracer

news

Old April 28th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mr Bill

Mindycar and Champcar or CART your SOL.
There are a few odd ones by small teams in development but they are so
disorganized, scattered and small I don't think the sims will ever come out.
Most mods never see the light of day in the computer world. IDT looked for a
while, but it's been years and no news other than a few average screenshots
which were not that good imo for a so called retail product. It was suppose
to be out by now but I don't think it will happen for a long time, they are
trying to lay to many eggs in to many nests :-) If you know what I mean.

I do miss those ICR2 and Rendition 3D card days. I did re-install ICR2 once
a few years ago..all 6 megs of it lol. Even with the rendition card 3D
version it looked horrible on my old PC. The card died about 20 mins after
that..therw out the entire 10 year old PC :-)

news

Old April 30th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

One of the best simulators of all time if you can get a copy of this
gem - Cart Precision Racing. A true classic long remembered by all in the
sim community.

news

Old April 30th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mr Bill

That game was a big pile of crap lol. The one made by M$ and TRI?
TRI gave it like what..1 patch and left it for dead. The AI was horrible and
online..or modem I can't remeber was non-functional.
More like long forgotten and buried. Thank god it was horrible.

You sure your not thinking of Indycar Racing 1 and 2? That was a classic.

Old May 1st 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
bob

Mindy Car?
The gIRL?

"Tim Hall" > wrote in message
news
>I think I ask this question about once a year, but I always forget the
> answer. I miss driving down the corkscrew at Laguna Seca in that old
> Papyrus sim. I'd even settle for a mediocre IRL sim as long as it
> includes the Brickyard. Anything decent out there now or on the
> horizon?

UltraForce GS-1 Tested by Indycar Drivers [email protected] Simulators 16 January 16th 07 11:11 PM
Good auto sims for mouse Dowell Simulators 3 November 21st 06 04:30 AM
Indycar sims? Tim Hall Simulators 13 February 25th 06 01:33 AM
LCD dissapointing for sims Tim Epstein Simulators 21 March 20th 05 05:21 PM
ALT TAB and Sims Neil Charlton Simulators 7 December 6th 04 05:12 PM