Last Foot or So of Tailpipe Rusted

Old March 22nd 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Elle

Default Last Foot or So of Tailpipe Rusted

.... and could break off soon.

Best quick fix, short of replacing the whole muffler
assembly?

Old March 22nd 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

Elle wrote:
> ... and could break off soon.
>
> Best quick fix, short of replacing the whole muffler
> assembly?

Depending on pipe diameter, flex line can be bought at your FLAPS.

JT
Old March 22nd 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

On Mar 21, 3:51 pm, Grumpy AuContraire >
wrote:
> Elle wrote:
> > ... and could break off soon.

> > Best quick fix, short of replacing the whole muffler
> > assembly?

> Depending on pipe diameter, flex line can be bought at your FLAPS.
>
> JT

Cut it off where it's rusty. Buy some pipe that's the same diameter
[ID & OD sizes are different, so if an ID pipe doesn't fit buy the OD
pipe. The diference is measuring inner diameter & outer diameter].

Use an exhaust clamp & clamp the new pipe onto the old one.

Should be fine :]

Old March 22nd 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Elle

"Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote
> Elle wrote:
>> ... and could break off soon.
>>
>> Best quick fix, short of replacing the whole muffler
>> assembly?

> Depending on pipe diameter, flex line can be bought at
> your FLAPS.

I take it FLAPS = Favorite Local Auto Parts Store or
similar?

Thanks JT (Grumpy) and Ssateren!

Old March 22nd 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

Elle wrote:
> "Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote
>
>>Elle wrote:
>>
>>>... and could break off soon.
>>>
>>>Best quick fix, short of replacing the whole muffler
>>>assembly?

>>Depending on pipe diameter, flex line can be bought at
>>your FLAPS.

> I take it FLAPS = Favorite Local Auto Parts Store or
> similar?
>
> Thanks JT (Grumpy) and Ssateren!

Yeppers...

JT