Loose Mirrors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 10th 15, 04:17 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Smarty

Default Loose Mirrors

I have owned Corvettes for decades, including the C5,C6, and C7, and
have not seen this issue before in any car:

The outside mirrors on both driver and passenger door will not hold
their position when either a door is slammed shut or when a significant
pothole or bump in the road is encountered.

My dealer provided very little help. They first made the (ridiculous)
assumption that the memory position logic was randomly switching the
mirrors from Driver 1 to Driver 2, blaming it possibly on some bad
electronics they would need to troubleshoot and diagnose.

When I demonstrated that the mirrors shifted when the doors were
slammed, they replied that this was "typical" and therefore not fixable.
Had there been another C7 around I would have asked to see them show the
same issue on another C7, but mine was the only one on the lot or in the
shop.

Mine is a very early production C7, one of the first to be sold, so
perhaps this was an early bug, but I am wondering if anybody here has
run into a problem of this type?

On one of my prior Corvettes, the C5, I did have to remove and replace a
mirror, which I did personally, and that mirror had a gimbal with curved
arms which suspended the actual reflective mirror, and this gimbal had
some sort of linkage to the motor used to position it remotely. I assume
this one works the same way, but may have too little friction in the
gimbal or linkage, but this is purely a guess on my part.

Anybody have any opinions or suggestions? Thanks very much!

Use your mirrors. P.J.Berg[_2_] VW air cooled 5 February 4th 08 07:10 PM
06 mirrors lurk Jeep 3 July 6th 07 02:40 AM
bug mirrors [email protected] VW air cooled 3 March 30th 07 03:26 AM
CJ mirrors on a YJ Poe Jeep 12 July 6th 05 08:56 PM