Wheel and tire size

Old January 21st 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jerryg

Default Wheel and tire size

Good day to everyone.

Could someone please tell me the maximum wheel and tire size I can
safely put on a 95 YJ. Stock set up.

Thanks,

Greg

Old January 21st 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
The Merg

I ran 30x9.5R15s stock, looked good and fit very nicely.
A friend of mine ran 31s, they fit, but I thought they were a little too
snug.
My 30s:
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=IMG_0164.jpg

--
ÐÏࡱá
Old January 21st 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland

You can put a 31x10.50/15 on a stock YJ.

In some cases, there will be slight tire rub on the fender flares and/or
undercarriage. You can correct the rubbing on the undercarriage by adjusting
the Steering Stop Screws.

ups.com...

Old January 21st 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve Landis

jerryg wrote:
> Good day to everyone.
>
> Could someone please tell me the maximum wheel and tire size I can
> safely put on a 95 YJ. Stock set up.

http://www.jeeptech.com/tire/

Steve
95 YJ
98 ZJ
00 XJ
Old January 21st 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RoyJ

30x9.50R15 is a big as you can go without raising some issues with
rubbing on full lock turns or full stuff into the wheel wells on the
trail. Keep in mind that any of the YJ's are likely to have fairly flat
springs from original, doesn't help any for clearance.

31x10.50R15 will *USUALLY* fit with a steering stop adjustment and a bit
of rubbing on the trail.

Old January 21st 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

30x9.5's. I have seen 31's on a few and they work on road, but will tag
off road.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 21st 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl[_3_]

I ran 30x9.5's with no issue on an 89 YJ.

Carl

"jerryg" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Good day to everyone.
>
> Could someone please tell me the maximum wheel and tire size I can
> safely put on a 95 YJ. Stock set up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg

Noise from front driver's side wheel or tire when braking... [email protected] Saturn 2 January 16th 07 03:25 PM
wheel and tire kw General 1 September 10th 06 05:50 PM
2004 Wrangler X Wheel and Tire Question wampagoalie Jeep 10 February 17th 05 01:18 AM
Please explain wheel size differences. Dave Smith Mazda 12 November 30th 04 09:33 PM
Bummer - removed tire 1 wk after tire store put it on... snapped off the threads on one of the wheel studs Nick Honda 0 September 22nd 04 02:10 PM