Car Ionic Air Purifiers with Ozone O3

Old July 10th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Car Ionic Air Purifiers with Ozone O3

Car Ionic Air Purifiers with Ozone O3

These things sound good, has nayone tried them? I found them on EBay
for under $10 http://stores.ebay.com/OneSmartMove

Please share your experience if you have tried something similar ....

Thanks in advance

Old July 10th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

wrote:
> Car Ionic Air Purifiers with Ozone O3
>
> These things sound good, has nayone tried them? I found them on EBay
> for under $10
http://stores.ebay.com/OneSmartMove

> Please share your experience if you have tried something similar ....
>
> Thanks in advance

Yes, they're crap. And I'm forwarding this spam to eBay's abuse.

--
"I have a theory. Pyramids cause global warming. You notice,
everywhere those things are built, it's hot as hell?" - Quaestor
Old July 10th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

flatfish wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:45:41 -0700, Ferrari3 wrote:
>
>> Car Ionic Air Purifiers with Ozone O3
>>
>> These things sound good, has nayone tried them? I found them on EBay
>> for under $10 http://stores.ebay.com/OneSmartMove
>>
>> Please share your experience if you have tried something similar ....
>>
>> Thanks in advance

> I had an Ionic Breeze and it lasted about 2 months before starting to arc,
> making crackling sounds and generally not working.
> Yes I cleaned it, cleaned the corona wires etc.
>
> FWIW all these things are is a high voltage, low current power supply
> ripped out of a high end copy machine and coupled to a charge corona, also
> ripped out of a copy machine.
>
> IOW a vertical copy machine if you will, minus the drum...
>
> They are made like crap and break within a couple of months after you get
> them.
>
> IOW don't bother.
>
> Also the effects of Ozone gas on the human body are not quite known yet at
> best.

There isn't much to these devices. I have the Wein Votex 2500:
http://www.weinproducts.com/vortex.htm It definitely puts out the ions.
After a few weeks operation there will be a coating on the device and
everything in its vicinity from particulates dropping out of the air.
My wife hates the thing because of this. We have four cats and a dog
along with friends with animal allergies. The Wein and an Ionic breeze
does help them stay in the house longer and with less irritation.

Even the Wein unit I have is way over priced for what it is. I bet
there is less than $10 in material in the whole thing.

The thing I like about the Wein unit is it produces a high quantity of
negative ions with no detectable ozone. I don't like the mess it
creates around the unit but I guess that means it is working.
Old July 11th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_2_]

"WindsorFox" > wrote in message
: wrote:
: > Car Ionic Air Purifiers with Ozone O3
: >
:
: Yes, they're crap. And I'm forwarding this spam to eBay's abuse.
:
: --
: "I have a theory. Pyramids cause global warming. You notice,
: everywhere those things are built, it's hot as hell?" - Quaestor

Yep, so am I.
Kate

Old July 11th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Blue Gator

Kate wrote:
> "WindsorFox" > wrote in message
> : wrote:
> : > Car Ionic Air Purifiers with Ozone O3
> : >
> : > These things sound good, has nayone tried them? I found them on EBay
> : > for under $10
http://stores.ebay.com/OneSmartMove
> : >
> : > Please share your experience if you have tried something similar ....
> : >
> : > Thanks in advance
> : >
> :
> : Yes, they're crap. And I'm forwarding this spam to eBay's abuse.
> :
> : --
> : "I have a theory. Pyramids cause global warming. You notice,
> : everywhere those things are built, it's hot as hell?" - Quaestor
>

> Yep, so am I.
> Kate

What, Kate, hot as hell?
Old July 12th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

Blue Gator wrote:
> Kate wrote:
>> "WindsorFox" > wrote in message
>> : wrote:
>> : > Car Ionic Air Purifiers with Ozone O3
>> : >
>> : > These things sound good, has nayone tried them? I found them on EBay
>> : > for under $10
http://stores.ebay.com/OneSmartMove
>> : >
>> : > Please share your experience if you have tried something similar ....
>> : >
>> : > Thanks in advance
>> : >
>> :
>> : Yes, they're crap. And I'm forwarding this spam to eBay's abuse.
>> :
>> : -- : "I have a theory. Pyramids cause global warming. You notice,
>> : everywhere those things are built, it's hot as hell?" - Quaestor
>>

>> Yep, so am I.
>> Kate
>>

> What, Kate, hot as hell?

<hand over forehead> I foresee you being chased by a woman wielding
the whip antenna belonging to a Ford dually....