REQ: Help and or advice brake lines - speficically front to rear line....

Old March 15th 05, 04:05 AM

Default REQ: Help and or advice brake lines - speficically front to rear line....

1988 Jeep Wrangler
4 cylinder
Complete brake system failure
Replacing everything
Master cylinder
Proportioning valve
All brake lines

All old brake components removed from the jeep
Installing replacement stainless steel brake lines from 4WD hardware
nice kit
Anyone done this before????
Need any hints or tips on how to install new brake line that goes from
proportioning valve to the rear brake line
Had to cut old line to allow removal of this old line
This line has quite a few bends to it.

Afraid to ask how much stuff has to be removed to allow installation
of this line
Anyone know a good contortionist???

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

Ken
Old March 15th 05, 02:19 PM
Mike Romain

Hmmm......

I don't know if it is possible to do from the bottom. It is easy with
the body tub out of the way.....

I am thinking you at least will need a hoist so you have room to
maneuver the line.

If you have to bend the line, I recommend one of those coil spring
benders so you don't kink it. They thread over the line end slowly,
then slide along to where you need to bend and keep the lines round.
Auto parts shops sell them and plumbing supply shops sell them.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's