Will a RE 3.5 lift void my warranty?

Old January 18th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Will a RE 3.5 lift void my warranty?

I bought a 2002 TJ in May 2006 and took an extended warranty good to
163,000 km. Will the lift kit void any part of that?

Old January 18th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
FrankW

It shouldn't
But my experience with extended warranties are
that just driving it, voids the extended warranty
In other words, they're a rip off.
:-)

Old January 18th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

You're absolutely right. My heater core went, and leaked all over the
passenger side and they said "Sorry sir cooling and heating system not
covered under warranty"
B@stards. $2300 for what? plus a $100 deductible. When the sway bar
link cracked (my fault) i didnt even bother with them, - i did it
myself. The only thing that sold me on their plan was this
power-sentence the salesman hit me with:
"If your 4x4 goes in a year or two that's $2400 to fix"
He knew that alone would sell the warranty to a 30 year old "trying to
be responsible" guy.

Old January 18th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

It might. There is an act in the US that says they have to prove the
lift is at fault for the damage which is pretty easy if it is drivetrain
damage, but not for other things like say the radiator....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 18th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

My main concerns are the tranny, transfer case, and diffs

Old January 18th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_15_]

The chances of a new vehicle going this bad in a year or two with normal use
and maintenance are minuscule. If it does write the manufacturer a letter,
saying that this sort of catastrophic failure is unacceptable, and they may
fix whatever is wrong with it. If not, never buy a vehicle of that make
again. Add up all your collision/comprehensive insurance and warranty
payments, and see what it is costing you to be "responsible".

My neighbor with the Lexis engine failure got a new engine without having an
extended warranty. At first they tried to say it was his fault, but he had
receipts and had always taken the vehicle to the same mechanic, who wrote a
letter saying all required work had been done. Then it turned out there was
a "problem" with that model.

Earle

oups.com...

Old January 19th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl[_3_]

Yes your warranty will probably be voided on those parts. Just keep your
stock springs and control arms and if you have a big problem with any of the
compenents, switch your suspension back. Swapping springs in a TJ only takes
30 minutes anyway.

Carl

oups.com...

lift kit and warranty David Drum Jeep 16 August 11th 06 04:23 PM
Exxon 5w20 oil for 5.6 Nissan Titan - Will it void warranty? Jim Technology 20 August 4th 05 01:42 AM
C5 problems (98 in particular) radar Corvette 12 January 3rd 05 10:04 PM
lookin 4 butch VW air cooled 12 December 16th 04 11:38 PM