car trouble

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 20th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default car trouble

a friends husband grrr, said he would change the points in my mazda 626
84 model 4cindinder (which should have a electric ignition) he said
that the timing was way out ( mind u a new timing belt put in by my
mechcanic 5 months ago u would think would be right) and the car
carried on when he put the new points in.
the mechcanic had said when i had the money to put in a electric
ignition cause the cars points were getting so dirty so quickly that it
was making my car drive really noisy and vibrating when they got dirty.
so long story short went to wreakers got a electric ignition and friend
put it in, and thats the start of my problems.
when i drive the car it drives while moving pretty good, until a car in
front or god forbid a light turns red and i have to stop lol, the rpm
needle gos crazy moving from 1 to 0 and the car starts choking and then
stalls is a nightmare thats now never ending, the guy is my best
friends husband and he has stuffed my car, took it to my mechcanic and
he sprays some stuff around and tightened this and that and fiddled
around and said he thinks he fixed it (he was really busy at the time)
and i put her in reverse and the problem was still there. he said that
he thought it mite be the distribder cap (forgive my spelling please)
that i needed to go buy one cause it wasnt the right one as it was for
points so i went and got that and a new rotar button and now the car is
worse,
the friend set the timing to 2 decrese and thinks thats right as we
could after alot of looking on the net and trying the library to find a
mazda 626 book to check the timing which we came up with nothing. he
used the gun and really still thinks that its right and has to be
something else. i on the other hand think if it was set so far out
before when i had the belt replaced in august last year that surelly
the mechcanic set all that right at the time.
so my question is does any one out in the wide world of the internet
have a mazda 626 84 model or the mazda 626 book that could please tell
me the correct timing for this model.
i feel real **** cause this idoit is trying to tell me that something
else is causing it and that the car was runing **** before bla bla and
i no he is wrong, i am only a female and i only got my driving licences
12 months ago which i learned in this car, i no the car well and when i
brought it u could barely hear the motor now it sounds like a v8 not a
4. anyway this post has made me feel so much better and i hope someone
reads this and feels sorry for me and can offer some advice and maybe
think of something we havent tried i am a single mother on very little
income which is why i let him touch the car, he does no what he is
doing and has fixed many cars but never a mazda