Is Handicapped Parking also Commercial Parking?

Old October 15th 05, 07:32 PM
Dave

Default Is Handicapped Parking also Commercial Parking?

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8586/handi11ei.jpg

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/174/handi22rw.jpg

DEL MAR, CA - Apparently since he was just in the striped area, he
didn't feel it was part of the handicapped spot, or that he was
obstructing the view of a narrow driveway.

I never used to see businesses hijacking handicapped spots, but over
the past few months it's become quite commonplace in the San Diego
area. Is this a new trend, or did I just never notice what
inconsiderate jackasses people are?

Dave

Old October 15th 05, 08:24 PM
Bob Vaughan

In article . com>,
Dave > wrote:
>http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8586/handi11ei.jpg
>
>http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/174/handi22rw.jpg
>
>DEL MAR, CA - Apparently since he was just in the striped area, he
>didn't feel it was part of the handicapped spot, or that he was
>obstructing the view of a narrow driveway.
>
>I never used to see businesses hijacking handicapped spots, but over
>the past few months it's become quite commonplace in the San Diego
>area. Is this a new trend, or did I just never notice what
>inconsiderate jackasses people are?
>
>Dave

I've seen it for a number of years.. It's the folks for whom logical
thinking is a pipe dream..

If you feel like it, call the police.. the striped area is considered part
of the handicapped space, and carries the same penalties (currently
about $300 in Palo Alto, your rate may vary depending on how greedy the
county gets with admin fees, etc..)

I suspect you could do the same if the space is blocked with boxes, or
other store crap, unless they have additional spaces temporarly designated.

Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
Old October 16th 05, 04:14 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On 15 Oct 2005 11:32:02 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:

>DEL MAR, CA - Apparently since he was just in the striped area, he
>didn't feel it was part of the handicapped spot, or that he was
>obstructing the view of a narrow driveway.

People who are dropping somerthing off or picking something up seem to
feel they have the right to double park, park in the driveway, park on
the sidewalk - basically park wherever they want. From the UPS truck
driver to the guy in the F150 who's delivering pizzas, these people
feel they are "special" and are entitled to block everybody else for
the sake of their own convenience.

Old October 16th 05, 04:45 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Dave wrote:
> http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8586/handi11ei.jpg
>
> http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/174/handi22rw.jpg
>
> DEL MAR, CA - Apparently since he was just in the striped area, he
> didn't feel it was part of the handicapped spot, or that he was
> obstructing the view of a narrow driveway.
>
> I never used to see businesses hijacking handicapped spots, but over
> the past few months it's become quite commonplace in the San Diego
> area. Is this a new trend, or did I just never notice what
> inconsiderate jackasses people are?
>
> Dave

A lot of us don't believe in special treatment for handicapped people.
More discrimination.

Old October 16th 05, 05:48 PM
Dave

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On 15 Oct 2005 11:32:02 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:
>
> >DEL MAR, CA - Apparently since he was just in the striped area, he
> >didn't feel it was part of the handicapped spot, or that he was
> >obstructing the view of a narrow driveway.

> People who are dropping somerthing off or picking something up seem to
> feel they have the right to double park, park in the driveway, park on
> the sidewalk - basically park wherever they want. From the UPS truck
> driver to the guy in the F150 who's delivering pizzas, these people
> feel they are "special" and are entitled to block everybody else for
> the sake of their own convenience.

And yet this guy was there when I got there, and still there when I
left. And I had time to legally park, go figure...

Dave

Old October 17th 05, 05:24 AM
The Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend Blade

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend:

> A lot of us don't believe in special treatment for handicapped people.
> More discrimination.

Only an asswipe like you would say something like this, you pedophile
faggot.
Old October 18th 05, 02:13 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On 16 Oct 2005 09:48:49 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:

>> >DEL MAR, CA - Apparently since he was just in the striped area, he
>> >didn't feel it was part of the handicapped spot, or that he was
>> >obstructing the view of a narrow driveway.

>> People who are dropping somerthing off or picking something up seem to
>> feel they have the right to double park, park in the driveway, park on
>> the sidewalk - basically park wherever they want. From the UPS truck
>> driver to the guy in the F150 who's delivering pizzas, these people
>> feel they are "special" and are entitled to block everybody else for
>> the sake of their own convenience.

>And yet this guy was there when I got there, and still there when I
>left. And I had time to legally park, go figure...

That makes no difference to these IBJAMs. A legal parking spot could
be 5 feet away, but they'll never use it - after all, that's 5 extra
feet they would have to walk.

BTW, since I know someone is going to ask, IBJAM stands for I'll Be
Just A Minute. It refers to the people who believe that temporal
brevity is the equivalent of diplomatic licence plates, allowing them
to park wherever they want as long as their vehicle is blocking
traffic for "just a minute."

Old October 21st 05, 06:11 PM
DYM

Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
:

>>> People who are dropping somerthing off or picking something up seem

>>> feel they have the right to double park, park in the driveway, park

on
>>> the sidewalk - basically park wherever they want. From the UPS truck
>>> driver to the guy in the F150 who's delivering pizzas, these people
>>> feel they are "special" and are entitled to block everybody else for
>>> the sake of their own convenience.

>>And yet this guy was there when I got there, and still there when I
>>left. And I had time to legally park, go figure...

> That makes no difference to these IBJAMs. A legal parking spot could
> be 5 feet away, but they'll never use it - after all, that's 5 extra
> feet they would have to walk.
>
> BTW, since I know someone is going to ask, IBJAM stands for I'll Be
> Just A Minute. It refers to the people who believe that temporal
> brevity is the equivalent of diplomatic licence plates, allowing them
> to park wherever they want as long as their vehicle is blocking
> traffic for "just a minute."

The worst seem to be around hospital entrances. The are signs all over
that you can only load and unload passengers, yet, there are those that
park and leave their vehicle right there. When I come across them, I try
to manuver so my wheel chair lift will block their leaving but allow
other traffic to pass.

Doug
Old October 22nd 05, 09:25 PM
redleg

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On 15 Oct 2005 11:32:02 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:
>
> >DEL MAR, CA - Apparently since he was just in the striped area, he
> >didn't feel it was part of the handicapped spot, or that he was
> >obstructing the view of a narrow driveway.

> People who are dropping somerthing off or picking something up seem to
> feel they have the right to double park, park in the driveway, park on
> the sidewalk - basically park wherever they want. From the UPS truck
> driver to the guy in the F150 who's delivering pizzas, these people
> feel they are "special" and are entitled to block everybody else for
> the sake of their own convenience.

I was in San Francisco yesterday, and I parked on the sidewalk.