Automatic Miata

Old January 16th 08, 05:26 AM posted to news.admin.net-abuse.usenet, rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jazz_Azz

Default Automatic Miata

obviously we have a pure freakin IDIOT trying to disturb this grp.
faking our NIC/addies. A shame this is a USENET grp., cause otherwise
he/she could/would be BANNED!!!!

Old January 16th 08, 05:39 AM posted to news.admin.net-abuse.usenet, rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jazz_Azz

On Jan 15, 10:26 pm, Jazz_Azz > wrote:
> obviously we have a pure freakin IDIOT trying to disturb this grp.
> faking our NIC/addies. A shame this is a USENET grp., cause otherwise
> he/she could/would be BANNED!!!!

P.S. If it helps at all, I just reported the above person to Google
Grps' Abuse. Maybe they can be tracked/Blocked by their IP address.
One of my CyberPals from another grp. traced his or her IP addy, if
also not spoofed to South Korea.

Just ignore his rambling on about OT scriptural posts. THEY ARE NOT
ME, OR anyone else he/she does it to.
Old January 16th 08, 05:55 AM posted to news.admin.net-abuse.usenet, rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jazz_Azz

OK folks, one last comments on this problem, SPOOFER. My cyberPal from
another couple of grps, who is quite the PC wizard posted the
following concerning how to find out who is doing this and from where.
It is a rather long post, so sorry. I am also deleting most of the
spoofers post in this:

==Javelin==>x
More options Jan 15, 8:59 pm
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.webtv
From: "==Javelin==>x" >
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:59:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Someone Used my Nic/Email addy
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
On Jan 15, 7:51 pm, (S K) wrote:

> Jav>>So I am to assume that you found that Miata grp. and found the post
> I am referring to????

> Dang Koreans>>LOL.

.....Yep, I found the Miata group, and the bogus post as well, [see the
bogus post, re-copied at the bottom of post.].

.....Also, if you'd like to check for the physical location, and IP's
of a specific post, and you're using the Google reader, here's one way
to do it:

1.) ....First click the "More_Options" link within the post you wnt to
check; --

2.) ....Then click the "Show_Original" link; --

3.) ....Then look for, and "C.C.&.P." ("Copy") the number listed as
the "NNTP_Posting_Host:"; --

4.) ....Then take that "NNTP_Posting_Host" number to this "Whois" site
at: "http://www.whois.sc"; --

.....You should then get a Whois output, with the poster's location,
IP, and DNS server numbers, looking something like this:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IP Information for 219.240.36.173
IP Location: Korea, Republic Of Korea, Republic Of Seoul Hanaro
Telecom Inc
IP Address: 219.240.36.173
Blacklist Status: Clear
Whois Record

inetnum: 219.240.0.0 - 219.241.255.255
netname: HANANET
descr: Hanaro Telecom Co.
descr: Kukje Electornics Cneter Bldg. 1445-3 Seocho-Dong
Seocho-
Ku
country: KR
admin-c: IS37-AP
tech-c: SH243-AP
remarks: ***********************************************
remarks: KRNIC of NIDA is the National Internet Registry
remarks: in Korea under APNIC. If you would like to
remarks: find assignment information in detail
remarks: please refer to the NIDA Whois DB
remarks: http://whois.nida.or.kr/english/index.html
remarks: ***********************************************
mnt-by: MNT-KRNIC-AP
mnt-lower: MNT-KRNIC-AP
changed: 20020430
status: ALLOCATED PORTABLE
changed: 20041007
source: APNIC

person: Inyup Sung
address: Hanaro Telecom Co.
address: Kukje Electornics Cneter Bldg. 1445-3 Seocho-Dong
Seocho-
Ku
address: SEOUL
address: 137-070
country: KR
phone: +82-2-106
fax-no: +82-2-6266-6483
e-mail:
nic-hdl: IS37-AP
mnt-by: MNT-KRNIC-AP
changed: 20010523
source: APNIC

person: Seungchul Hwang
address: Hanaro Telecom Co.
address: Kukje Electornics Cneter Bldg., 1445-3 Seocho-Dong
Seocho-Ku
address: SEOUL
address: 137-070
country: KR
phone: +82-2-106
fax-no: +82-2-6266-6483
e-mail:
nic-hdl: SH243-AP
mnt-by: MNT-KRNIC-AP
changed: 20010523
source: APNIC

inetnum: 219.240.0.0 - 219.241.255.255
netname: HANANET-KR
descr: Hanaro Telecom Inc.
country: KR
admin-c: IM12-KR
tech-c: IM12-KR
status: ALLOCATED PORTABLE
mnt-by: MNT-KRNIC-AP
remarks: This information has been partially mirrored by APNIC
from
remarks: KRNIC. To obtain more specific information, please use
the
remarks: KRNIC whois server at whois.krnic.net.
changed:
source: KRNIC

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

.........[/END Copied IP, & DNS Output Example]

[BEGIN Copied Bogus Post From The Miata Group].....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

news.aset.psu.edu!news.glorb.com!newsfeed.kreonet. re.kr!
nntp.kreonet.re.kr!kreonet.re.kr!newsfeed.hananet. net!
tnews.hananet.net!newsfeed.berkeley.edu!ucberkeley !
newspeer.monmouth.com!newspeer1.nwr.nac.net!
border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.gig anews.com!
nntp.giganews.com!postnews.google.com!m77g2000hsc. googlegroups.com!
not-
for-mail

From: Jazz_Azz >
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Subject: For Those Using Charger/Maintainers???is post
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 00:45:57 GMT

only from the sight of our vileness. But if you are quite sincere over
it,
follow it as far as I have done and recognise that we are indeed so
vile>>>YADA YADA YADA>>The rest Deleted.
.........[/END All Copied Material, & Post]

--
------- ===Javelin===> X
Old January 17th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Zog The Undeniable

XS11E wrote:
> These are fairly uncommon, might be of interest to someone?
>
> http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/538829920.html
>
> The price isn't too bad and might be negotiable.

They're quite common in Japan, but of course the steering wheel is on
the wrong side for the USA.
Old January 18th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Steve Carras

On Jan 15, 6:25*pm, pws > wrote:
> Jazz_Azz wrote:
> > I have read about these automatics with "Paddle Shifters." Never seen
> > one, and don't have any idea what they are :-).

> Your hands never leave the steering wheel, squeeze the left paddle to
> shift down and right paddle to shift up. Very nifty.
>
> *From Wikipedia:
>
> "Asemi-automatictransmission (also known as clutchless manual
> transmission, dual-clutch transmission, automated manual transmission,
> e-gear, or paddle shift gearbox) is a system which uses electronic
> sensors, processors and actuators to do gear shifts on the command of
> the driver. This removes the need for a clutch pedal which the driver
> otherwise needs to depress before making a gear change, since the clutch
> itself is actuated by electronic equipment which can synchronize the
> timing and torque required to make gear shifts quick and smooth. The
> system was designed by European automobile manufacturers to provide a
> better driving experience, especially in cities where congestion
> frequently causes stop-and-go traffic patterns.
>
> In standard mass-production automobiles, the gear lever appears similar
> to manual shifts, except that the gear stick only moves forward and
> backward to shift into higher and lower gears, instead of the
> traditional H-pattern. The Bugatti Veyron uses this approach for its
> 7-speed transmission. >
> Pat

In short, some used a linear shift pattern (e.g., automatic style)
whilest
others used the H (a la manuals).

Besides this and the one or two ?) others, there was the first, a
quasi-"public domain"
style that was a semi-automatic transmission/automatic, semi-auto or
manual
clutch arrangement, usually with four speeds broken into two
drives---3-4, 1-2 (or variant, most
seemed to have L and H).

Old January 18th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

> They're quite common in Japan, but of course the steering wheel is on
> the wrong side for the USA.

Of the car or the ocean?

miker

Old January 19th 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

i'll tell you why i got one. when looking for a used miata most were
horribly modified (badly) or beat to death, then came along a very nice
automatic. i contemplated if i would be happy with it, and on my first
drive where i spend and hour in bumper to bumper traffic i was so happy not
to have a manual. and as much time as i spend in traffic i am constantly
reminded at how lucky i am that i have one. i understand the benefits of a
manual, but as an automatic the car is still fun to drive and not a drag
when you get stuck in traffic (often for me, perhaps rare in other parts of
the country).

. 236...

http://improve-usenet.org

Old January 19th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

> >> Why would anyone want an automatic Miata? IMO, part of the reason for
> >> owning a litle roadster like the Miata is the joy of driving it, and
> >> part of that driving experience is the stick shift :-).

Well in my more experienced years (over 50 now) I have come to realize
that there are many different reasons for people doing things than we
might think are silly, and we should not be so quick to judge. For
example, I enjoy coffee, and I like it with caffeine, so one morning
at the coffee maker at work, the regular coffee was gone, and a pot of
decaf was brewing. I made a comment to those waiting such as "why
would anyone want decaf anyway, what's the point"? One of the higher
up mangers commented how he was told by his doctor he needed to lay
off the caffeine... so there you have it. Foot in mouth, I
apologized for my comment. I think the same is true for an automatic
Miata. I have a good friend that suffered a stroke, and can still
drive, but unfortunately not an manual shift, in fact he has to use
his left foot and had to modify the accelerator pedal to do so. So
let's try to steer clear of the automatic vs. manual issue and just
let people have fun driving their Miata!
Old January 19th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jazz_Azz

On Jan 19, 6:06 am, wrote:

> Well in my more experienced years (over 50 now) I have come to realize
> that there are many different reasons for people doing things than we
> might think are silly, and we should not be so quick to judge. For
> example, I enjoy coffee, and I like it with caffeine, so one morning
> at the coffee maker at work, the regular coffee was gone, and a pot of
> decaf was brewing. I made a comment to those waiting such as "why
> would anyone want decaf anyway, what's the point"? One of the higher
> up mangers commented how he was told by his doctor he needed to lay
> off the caffeine... so there you have it. Foot in mouth, I
> apologized for my comment. I think the same is true for an automatic
> Miata. I have a good friend that suffered a stroke, and can still
> drive, but unfortunately not an manual shift, in fact he has to use
> his left foot and had to modify the accelerator pedal to do so. So
> let's try to steer clear of the automatic vs. manual issue and just
> let people have fun driving their Miata!

Alright already, I give in. I'll put my "Foot in Mouth" after my
shower, if y'all don't mind.

Incidentally, before retiring, and commuting at least an hour, often
times longer each way, a manual never would have bothered me. I guess
since I learned on a 3 speed on the column at 15 1/2 many moons ago,
driving a manual seems automatic to me. Funny, many times when I jump
into one of the two automatic vehicles we do have, my Wifes Chevy
Monte Carlo, or my Chevy S10 P/U, I will go to push down the clutch
out of habit>>LOL. And a couple of times, once at the mailbox, and
once in our driveway, I accidentally jumped out of my P/U forgetting
to take it out of drive, having to quickly run after it jumping back
in to bring it to a stop. The time in our driveway, P/U facing toward
the street, if I hadn't been quick enough, the truck would have plowed
into our across the street's neighbor truck. And I partially wrenched
my arm, reflexively grabbing onto the truck, thinking that I could
stop it like Superman>>>LOL LOL. Thank goodness, I have not done that
in a long time :-).

My Wife only driving automatics has never done that, thank goodness,
since she could never catch it :-).