aftermarket stereo installation

Old December 26th 05, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default aftermarket stereo installation

the factory stereo in the 91 miata i just bought doesn't work and i've
still got the jvc cd player that i pulled from my crx before i sold it.
i want to install this in the miata but i'm having a hard time finding
an install kit that i'm happy with.
i've seen the kits at crutchfield and the universal mazda kit...
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LWnAefS...sp?i=120997501
....looks like it might be what i end up getting but first i'd like to
know if anyone knows of any other kits i should check out.
my only concern is that i'm looking for a nice factory look finish, i
don't want some cheap plastic that doesn't fit quite right with gaps or
rattles around in the dash.

Old December 27th 05, 06:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

The Miata uses a standard DIN cutout. The real problem may be that the radio
you want to use is too deep. a filler plate may also need to be made if the
radio is too narrow, or if the radio face plate is too wide, the plastic
shroud trimmed.
You should also look in the garage & electronics sections of Miata.net. The
factory radio may have a simple problem.

oups.com...