water inside car while and after running air conditioner

Old August 21st 05, 10:26 PM
2forgetmenot

Default water inside car while and after running air conditioner

i saw the message posted regarding water in car. i was about to use the
information provided by chris and it dawned on me, should i remove the
rubber tube from the black box or remove from the other end. if i remove
from the black box, how do i reattach it? will i need to take the entire
dash out or can i put it back on with the dash attached. i guess you can
tell i am new at this!!!!!

Old August 21st 05, 11:17 PM
pws

2forgetmenot wrote:
> i saw the message posted regarding water in car. i was about to use the
> information provided by chris and it dawned on me, should i remove the
> rubber tube from the black box or remove from the other end. if i remove
> from the black box, how do i reattach it? will i need to take the entire
> dash out or can i put it back on with the dash attached. i guess you can
> tell i am new at this!!!!!

The entire tube pops on and off with no tools required. The blockage is
probably at the point where the tube meets the black box, inside the box
itself, so it will need to be removed from that end anyway so that you
can poke something like a coat hanger into the plastic box. The other
end goes through a hole to the outside of the car. It is very easy to
take this tube on and off.

Pat
Old August 22nd 05, 12:40 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> The blockage is
> probably at the point where the tube meets the black box, inside the box
> itself, so it will need to be removed from that end anyway so that you
> can poke something like a coat hanger into the plastic box.

It's also a really good idea to position a large bowl on the footwell
floor under the drain outlet, 'cause when you poke the blackage a LOT of
water will probably come out.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old August 22nd 05, 03:51 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

Lanny, If you didn't tell him I guess I would have but I DID get a chuckle
when I thought about him learning that the same way we all have (the hard
way).

Chris
92BB&T

Old August 23rd 05, 11:55 AM
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Lanny, If you didn't tell him I guess I would have but I DID get a chuckle
> when I thought about him learning that the same way we all have (the hard
> way).
>
> Chris
> 92BB&T

You guys are taking all of the fun out of this. It is especially nifty
when the water is muddy and pours out onto the tan carpet.

Pat
Old August 23rd 05, 11:47 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

Oh, I think the smell of that stagnant stuff is the nifty-est part!

Chris
92BB&T

.. .

Old August 24th 05, 03:49 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Oh, I think the smell of that stagnant stuff is the nifty-est part!

For awhile, maybe. But once the mildew takes hold, the cheap thrill of
stagnancy will be revealed as a pale shadow of the true joy of fetor.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old August 24th 05, 04:51 AM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-08-24, Lanny Chambers > wrote:

>> Oh, I think the smell of that stagnant stuff is the nifty-est part!

> For awhile, maybe. But once the mildew takes hold, the cheap thrill of
> stagnancy will be revealed as a pale shadow of the true joy of fetor.

ROTFL

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'm sitting on my
at SPEED QUEEN... To me,
Old August 25th 05, 12:37 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

ROTFL ?

I have to plead ignorance again, dang, I hate to do that! What does this
stand for?

Chris
92BB&T

Old August 25th 05, 12:56 AM
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> ROTFL ?
>
> I have to plead ignorance again, dang, I hate to do that! What does this
> stand for?
>
> Chris
> 92BB&T

"Rolling off the floor living", usually used by heavy drinkers after a
binge.

Actually, that would be "Rolling On The Floor Laughing". Another version
is ROTLMAO, which simply adds "My Ass Off" to the end. ROTLMFAO is
another, you can probably guess that one. ;-)

HTH,

Pat