Miata Poll - What would you do if your Miata were gone today?

Old July 28th 10, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark

Default Miata Poll - What would you do if your Miata were gone today?

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> Hey, nice to see you posting. The weather cooled off over there? ;-)

A little and it has even rained for 20 minutes :-)

Right now it looks like we are set for the hottest July ever recorded
which is great except sleeping in the heat is difficult. Oh, and a hard
drive in my computer died which I think may be heat related.

If summer like this becomes a regular thing I'm gonna look into getting
an AC for the apartment and maybe even one for the car!

How is it with heat on your side of the pond? I've seen some reports of
very hot weather in the North East of the US.

Kind regards
Bruno
Old July 29th 10, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark" >
wrote:

> How is it with heat on your side of the pond? I've seen some
> reports of very hot weather in the North East of the US.

I live in Arizona, in the South West part of the US. We're actually
having temperatures slightly below normals for this time of the year
because of almost continual cloud cover for a week or so. There's been
scattered rain here and there but none at my house and my Miata needs a
bath badly!

Every morning I think of washing it and then I look at the weather
forecast and think I'd better wait another day.... I very much like
having the weather forecast as a good excuse for being lazy!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old July 29th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark

XS11E wrote:
> Every morning I think of washing it and then I look at the weather
> forecast and think I'd better wait another day.... I very much like
> having the weather forecast as a good excuse for being lazy!

For me I find rain while the car is parked is really good at making my
car look better and this in more way than one. But to much rain is also
not good.

The apartment build I live in has the only none-asphalt parking for
miles which is a real drag. When it is dry it means dust gets on the car
which combined with the condensation happening in the evening/night
means a newly washed car will look dusty and have dirt spots in just a
day or two.

A little rain can rinse most of the dust away and also make the dirt
parking ground does not give off dust. But if it rains to heavy the
drops will kick up sand/gravel from the ground meaning the lower 10
inches of the car gets dirty. All in all it is rarely perfect and when I
want the car neat everyday in the summer it requires daily trips to a
car wash.

Old July 30th 10, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark" . All in all it is rarely perfect and when I
> want the car neat everyday in the summer it requires daily trips to a
> car wash.

Ouch, that would be brutal!

cd
99BBB

Old July 30th 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark" > How is it with heat on your side of the
pond? I've seen some reports of
> very hot weather in the North East of the US.
>
> Kind regards
> Bruno

Well, the 'scientist' say each of the last 3 decades have gotten
progressively hotter and not by a small amount and on average we are having
another hottest year on record but, that's just those liberal 'scientists'.
Most of us Americans still don't believe it (you know, the whole 'global
warming' thingy, apparently it's a myth ;-) All I know for sure is that it's
been quite hot (and humid of course) here in H-Town with tons of rain.
Someone told me that we'd recv'd the equivalent to 25% of our annual
average, just in the month of July!

So, not as much top down weather as I'd like but, this time of year's never
the best time for such activities, no matter what closed car drivers seem to
think ;-) Sorry to hear about the computer, sounds like an upgraded cooling
fan in the cpu might be in order, eh?

Chris
99BBB

FA: Flying Miata STB + Hood Prop for 1990 - 1997 Miata pws[_1_] Mazda 0 March 30th 07 02:00 PM
2000SE miata top FS on miata.net classifieds pws Mazda 1 December 20th 05 08:29 AM
Miata F.S. Alan Mazda 15 November 1st 05 10:06 PM
What a Miata wants to be when it gows up - Mazda Miata mini monster truck.jpg (0/1) schism Mazda 13 November 27th 04 03:18 PM
FA: BRP Jackson Racing supercharger for 99-00 Miata (ends today) SC Miata Mazda 0 September 7th 04 04:55 PM