Mazda3 clunk

Old May 3rd 10, 05:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default Mazda3 clunk

"andy-k" <no.email@address> wrote in message
> Oh right... sarcasm. Sorry to be so slow Chris, but I'm not very good at
> sarcasm. You prompted me to look up 'miata' only to find that I'm posting
> on the wrong group. Apologies all round.

I was not being sarcastic! I was serious, please let us know what you figure
out. We're most all Miata folks first but Mazda folks second (or third ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old May 3rd 10, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-05-03, Chris D'Agnolo > wrote:

> "andy-k" <no.email@address> wrote in message
>> Oh right... sarcasm. Sorry to be so slow Chris, but I'm not very good at
>> sarcasm. You prompted me to look up 'miata' only to find that I'm posting
>> on the wrong group. Apologies all round.

> I was not being sarcastic! I was serious, please let us know what you
> figure out. We're most all Miata folks first but Mazda folks second
> (or third ;-)

I was always rather fond of the Mazda 3 (as far as FWD hardtops go),
but this last year it looks like they beat it with the same ugly stick
that they first used on the RX8.

I guess I understand the desire for a "corporate identity", but
couldn't they have come up with a classier identity?

Are they trying to target the same customers as alienware PCs?

Next thing you know Mazdas will all come the plexiglas hoods,
transparent light-up fan-blades, and CCFL UV lamps illuminating
florescent cabling and hoses.

Maybe I'm just getting old...

--
Grant

Old May 3rd 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Grant Edwards > wrote:

> I was always rather fond of the Mazda 3 (as far as FWD hardtops go),
> but this last year it looks like they beat it with the same ugly stick
> that they first used on the RX8.

From personal experience, you can't see the silly bodywork from the
driver's seat. What other folks see is *their* problem!

Our dark gray 3 is a 2007, so the front end isn't quite as goofy. My
wife calls it "our baby hippo."

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old May 3rd 10, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-05-03, Lanny Chambers > wrote:
> In article >,
> Grant Edwards > wrote:
>
>> I was always rather fond of the Mazda 3 (as far as FWD hardtops go),
>> but this last year it looks like they beat it with the same ugly stick
>> that they first used on the RX8.

> From personal experience, you can't see the silly bodywork from the
> driver's seat. What other folks see is *their* problem!

But I'll still know it's there, and I'm too vain to bear the constant
nagging thought that passers by are saying to themselves: "look at
that 50 year old guy on his way to buy some decals, yello wiper
blades, and a 6" exhaust tip."

> Our dark gray 3 is a 2007, so the front end isn't quite as goofy.

Yea, I just can't get past the new front end. It reminds me of
something out of a bad 1970's science fiction movie. The rest of it
isn't bad. At least they seem to have resisted the urge to add
hood-vents and gill-slits.

> My wife calls it "our baby hippo."

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! The entire CHINESE
at WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL TEAM all
Old May 4th 10, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Grant Edwards" > wrote in message

.. At least they seem to have resisted the urge to add
> hood-vents and gill-slits.
> --
> Grant Edwards

Maybe you haven't seen the newest version Grant ;-) Ya, Mazda has pulled a
'Cadilac' here with picking a corporate snout and sticking with it no matter
what! It is quite embarrasing and yes, relative to the balance of the cars
designs, which I'm pretty happy with, the nose (which I describe as the
Joker's smiling face from the modern Batman movies) is inexcusably bad!

Chris
99BBB

Old May 4th 10, 11:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
andy-k

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> I was not being sarcastic! I was serious, please let us know what you
> figure out. We're most all Miata folks first but Mazda folks second
> (or third ;-)

On the off-chance that you're being sincere, I've been told that it's just
the ABS activating and nothing tobe concerned about.

Old May 4th 10, 01:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

andy-k wrote:
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>> I was not being sarcastic! I was serious, please let us know what you
>> figure out. We're most all Miata folks first but Mazda folks second
>> (or third ;-)

> On the off-chance that you're being sincere, I've been told that it's just
> the ABS activating and nothing tobe concerned about.

Having known Chris for a number of years now, I can guarantee you that
he is being sincere.

Hell, that man even thinks that the RX-8 looks nice! ;-)

Pat
Old May 4th 10, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-05-04, pws > wrote:
> andy-k wrote:
>> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>>> I was not being sarcastic! I was serious, please let us know what you
>>> figure out. We're most all Miata folks first but Mazda folks second
>>> (or third ;-)

>> On the off-chance that you're being sincere, I've been told that it's just
>> the ABS activating and nothing tobe concerned about.

> Having known Chris for a number of years now, I can guarantee you that
> he is being sincere.
>
> Hell, that man even thinks that the RX-8 looks nice! ;-)

It's nothing some bondo and a grinder couldn't cure. Fill some of
those holes, smooth out some of the wrinkles in the sheet-metal, and
you've got a half-way decent looking car.

The interior, OTOH, is pretty much hopeless.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I want to dress you
at up as TALLULAH BANKHEAD and
Old May 4th 10, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
andy-k

pws wrote:
> Having known Chris for a number of years now, I can guarantee you that he
> is being sincere.

Dang! I hate having to apologize ;-)
Sorry Chris -- my bad.

Old May 4th 10, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2010-05-04, pws > wrote:
>> andy-k wrote:
>>> On the off-chance that you're being sincere, I've been told that it's just
>>> the ABS activating and nothing tobe concerned about.

>> Having known Chris for a number of years now, I can guarantee you that
>> he is being sincere.
>>
>> Hell, that man even thinks that the RX-8 looks nice! ;-)

> It's nothing some bondo and a grinder couldn't cure. Fill some of
> those holes, smooth out some of the wrinkles in the sheet-metal, and
> you've got a half-way decent looking car.
>
> The interior, OTOH, is pretty much hopeless.

Yeah, the RX-8 is not a favorite of mine.

Most of my favorite-looking cars are from the 1990's, well after the
"lead sled" era and before they reached the "Bubble-Pokemon" look that
so many cars have today.

From this era, the Acura NSX, the last RX-7 design and, of course, the
Miata all come to mind immediately.

Pat

1996 XJ Clunk, Clunk, Clunk bw-fl Jeep 9 November 16th 09 02:32 AM
Need opinions about MAZDA3 Lisa[_2_] Driving 3 March 5th 08 06:12 AM
Honda Civic EX vs Mazda3 S nash123 Honda 12 June 25th 05 05:18 AM
Any Mazda3 owners around here? Xavier Mazda 8 March 28th 05 12:24 AM