Losing a lot of gas...

Old February 7th 05, 08:16 PM
Son of Sam

Default Losing a lot of gas...

Hey guys. So I just got a new car, a 93 Cavalier RS. Everything seems
to be OK with it except that I noticed that I was going through a hell
of a lot of gas. I think I put about $75 worth in two weeks. So I had
a look at it yesterday and it seems to be coming from right behind the
motor. When I put my hand back there it was covered in gas. I'm just
wondering what this might be? I have to take it apart to be able to
see back there. Would this be the fuel injectors? What other
possibilities are there? The gas smell inside the car is getting
pretty unbearable. And now that I know that it's leaking gas, I don't
really want to drive it as I'd rather not blow up.

Thanks for any help!

Old February 7th 05, 09:01 PM
Billy Bad Assr©

> to be OK with it except that I noticed that I was going through a hell
> of a lot of gas. I think I put about $75 worth in two weeks. So I had
> a look at it yesterday and it seems to be coming from right behind the
> motor. When I put my hand back there it was covered in gas. I'm just

fuel filter fitting leak!

> wondering what this might be? I have to take it apart to be able to
> see back there. Would this be the fuel injectors? What other
> possibilities are there? The gas smell inside the car is getting
> pretty unbearable. And now that I know that it's leaking gas, I don't
> really want to drive it as I'd rather not blow up.

don't -- your may ruin your day!!

BBA
°?°
BBA's RC Site - http://www.billybadassrc.com
When Privacy Matters -- http://www.epic.org

Old February 7th 05, 10:45 PM

If the smell is getting that bad you could have a possible explosion
with even a static electric discharge. Be carefull about parking your
car in a poorly ventilated garage as well until you get the leak fixed.
Most likey a rubber gas line or fitting on the manifold which is
fairly easy to fix. If the steel lines are leaking it becomes a bit
more difficult.