166 2.5 Questions

Old June 8th 07, 10:34 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Default 166 2.5 Questions

Zathras > wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:14:18 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
> >No CD player at all...

> You're kidding! Even the 156 had a standard fit single CD player by
> 2001. I'm amazed..

I'm assuming a previous owner whipped out the CD changer when they
traded the car for another 166.
Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
Old June 8th 07, 10:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:14:18 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> No CD player at all...

> You're kidding! Even the 156 had a standard fit single CD player by
> 2001. I'm amazed..

So was I, believe me.

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2 166 V6 2.5
Suzuki Bandit 600
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 8th 07, 10:56 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Zathras > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:14:18 GMT, Catman
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> No CD player at all...

>> You're kidding! Even the 156 had a standard fit single CD player by
>> 2001. I'm amazed..

> I'm assuming a previous owner whipped out the CD changer when they
> traded the car for another 166.

I've told you it's not that. There is no cable, there is no mount, there
is not even the correct bit of trim to hide it behind. I'm going for an
ipod with the adapter.

Old June 8th 07, 11:04 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Catman > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > Zathras > wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:14:18 GMT, Catman

> >> You're kidding! Even the 156 had a standard fit single CD player by
> >> 2001. I'm amazed..

> > I'm assuming a previous owner whipped out the CD changer when they
> > traded the car for another 166.

> I've told you it's not that. There is no cable, there is no mount, there
> is not even the correct bit of trim to hide it behind. I'm going for an
> ipod with the adapter.

Doesn't make sense that a car like that wasn't specced with a CD player,
to be honest.

Hence my not being able to find any other explanation for it.
Old June 8th 07, 11:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> SteveH wrote:

>>> I'm assuming a previous owner whipped out the CD changer when they
>>> traded the car for another 166.

>> I've told you it's not that. There is no cable, there is no mount, there
>> is not even the correct bit of trim to hide it behind. I'm going for an
>> ipod with the adapter.

> Doesn't make sense that a car like that wasn't specced with a CD player,
> to be honest.

I agree, but I've seen the photos. The CD / Satnav should be over the
battery, with the lining going vertically upwards. Mine cuts in above
the battery and obviously never had a changer. Unless someone replaced
the boot lining as well.

> Hence my not being able to find any other explanation for it.

SOK, I'll forgive you after all these years

Old June 9th 07, 10:13 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Ross

"Catman" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> No CD player at all...

>> You're kidding! Even the 156 had a standard fit single CD player by
>> 2001. I'm amazed..

> So was I, believe me.

Could the car be an import?...perhaps lower spec than a UK car? Just
guessing!

Regards
Ross

Old June 9th 07, 01:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Ross wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
> . ..

>>> You're kidding! Even the 156 had a standard fit single CD player by
>>> 2001. I'm amazed..

>> So was I, believe me.

> Could the car be an import?...perhaps lower spec than a UK car? Just
> guessing!

Interesting.not according to the V5, though.

Old June 9th 07, 08:53 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Arjan Renting > wrote:

> > More worryingly, no CD changer!!!! How do I sort that in a fortnight?
> >
> > Suggestions, please.

> Still got a changer here, left over. It's a Blaupunkt CDC A08 ALFA. I
> had it in my 147. It is complete with a cable to the boot and mounting
> braces. It is in good working condition, no problems. Interested? Don't
> know if it will work on your radio though...

Unfortunately, that won't work with the fancy stereo system in the 166.
Old June 9th 07, 09:02 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Arjan Renting > wrote:
>
>>> More worryingly, no CD changer!!!! How do I sort that in a fortnight?
>>>
>>> Suggestions, please.

>> Still got a changer here, left over. It's a Blaupunkt CDC A08 ALFA. I
>> had it in my 147. It is complete with a cable to the boot and mounting
>> braces. It is in good working condition, no problems. Interested? Don't
>> know if it will work on your radio though...

> Unfortunately, that won't work with the fancy stereo system in the 166.

How do you know? Just curious.

Also, any idea if I can fit my parrot?

Old June 9th 07, 09:04 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Catman > wrote:

> >> Still got a changer here, left over. It's a Blaupunkt CDC A08 ALFA. I
> >> had it in my 147. It is complete with a cable to the boot and mounting
> >> braces. It is in good working condition, no problems. Interested? Don't
> >> know if it will work on your radio though...

> > Unfortunately, that won't work with the fancy stereo system in the 166.

> How do you know? Just curious.

I did a quick google for 166 changers when you asked t'other day.

The head unit is made by someone like Becker, meaning the changers
aren't compatible with the cheaper off-the-shelf units used in the 156
and 147.

> Also, any idea if I can fit my parrot?

No idea.

99 GT Questions Brian C Ford Mustang 2 April 25th 06 03:42 AM
questions? thehawk93 Saturn 3 December 2nd 05 11:51 AM
Anyone asking anyone questions? Alan Bernardo Simulators 8 May 2nd 05 11:27 PM
NSR - A few questions... Larry Simulators 25 March 6th 05 10:07 PM
Oil Questions Scubabix Corvette 28 November 30th 04 10:12 PM