took the NB plunge!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 8th 05, 05:52 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

Default took the NB plunge!

Oh boy, I really did it! I found a low milage (39k) 1999 base model for the
right price and picked it up tonight! I'm rather excited but I'll try not to
blather on too much in this one post. This one has a Jackson Racing header
and a monster-flow intake (beautiful growl with the pedal down, completely
stealth when your foots not in it) and a functional roll bar!

Couple quick questions (miata.net has enough contrasting opinions in the
forums that it'll take weeks to wade through), My 92's seats are far
superior, I'm thinking of recovering them and transferring them in. I get
the initial impression that this will work. Input?

Secondly, I'd love to be able to transfer my KYB shocks and FM sway bars.
Most of the threads I found talked about putting NB shock / spring
assemblies into NA cars for some travel and stability improvements. Does
anyone know if it's safe to assume that there would be a down side to
bringing the NA shock / spring assembly's into the NB? On the compatability
guide it says that the sway bars don't work but then it says 'mounting
points are turned 90 degrees, can be done using adjustable end links' or
some such. Input?

More later,
Chris
99 BLK/BLK/BLK

Took the Plunge! Tom Howlin Mazda 17 February 20th 05 01:29 PM
Tip Chip - taking the plunge... Mike Smith VW water cooled 5 October 22nd 04 04:00 PM