2001 Civic - Air conditioning, Suspension

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 4th 05, 02:35 AM
K Lam

Default 2001 Civic - Air conditioning, Suspension

Hi, I've started reading a.a.honda and r.a.m.honda recently, and find
that there're nice and very knowledgeable people here. Hope you can give
me some ideas regarding my 2001 Civic

I live in the Pacific Northwest, where we have dry summers and wet
winters. That means, I only use the air conditioning mostly during the
winter. To save gas, I turn off the a/c when the windshield is clear,
and turn it back on when it fogs up again.

I don't know whether this practice actually gave me this problem, but
when I turn on the a/c, it started to give a mouldy/mewdewy smell. I
don't think breathing this kinda air is very healthy anyway...

So, my question is: is it easy to take apart the HVAC system (ducts,
filters etc...) for a thorough cleaning? Is it a DIY job?

Second question: regarding my rear suspension. The 2001 Civic is known
to have very soft rear suspension, and the poor rear passengers get
tossed around for quite a bit. What kind of aftermarket parts exist that
can improve its ride? (Or even OEM parts that fits the 2001 Civic...)

Thank you very much!!

Kevin