mazdz 323 dies on right turns

Old September 17th 05, 07:57 PM
john618

Default mazdz 323 dies on right turns

This 1990 Mazda 323 dies on right turns. I will die on sharp right turns
and 90 degree right turns. You can restart it and is fine until the next
right turn. I'm lost as to what could be causing it. Does anyone have an
ideas????

Old September 17th 05, 11:40 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

This may not be the most likely culprit but is your battery properly
fastened down. Is it possible that it tips or slides over and grounds itself
out when you go around right handers? I'm thinking it's more likely a fuel
related issue but I thought this might be worth checking. Sometimes it's the
craziest / simplest thing.

Chris
92BB&T

lkaboutautos.com...

Old September 17th 05, 11:56 PM
Leon van Dommelen

"john618" > wrote:

>This 1990 Mazda 323 dies on right turns. I will die on sharp right turns
>and 90 degree right turns. You can restart it and is fine until the next
>right turn. I'm lost as to what could be causing it. Does anyone have an
>ideas????

If I had to guess, I would say loose contact. With the engine running and
being careful for moving parts, try to move the various wiring a bit with
a stick. That is how I found my problem. (Mine was the ECU, though.)

On a right turn, you would expect the engine to move left in the engine
bay. And of course, the suspension parts move.

Leon
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)