where to find dual exhaust systems

Old September 1st 05, 01:02 PM
Tonyrama

Default where to find dual exhaust systems

Ok, so I took my baby in for an inspection sticker, and they're telling me
that they can't sticker it because my muffler is cracked, and that it can't
be fixed. While I doubt that it can't be fixed, it would seem like a good a
time as any to upgrade to a dual system. Who makes a nice system? I get
catalogs from Moss all the time, and they carry Borla and Racing Beat, and I
know some like FM's duals. Are there any others than these that are decent
that I should check out?

Tonyrama
'93 Crystal White

Old September 1st 05, 05:18 PM
lgadbois

I have seen the Racing Beat duals and they look great!

Old September 2nd 05, 11:27 AM
Randy Maheux

I have the Brainstorm dual exhaust on my '03. I also had
one on an '00 and found the two were different. both have a
deeper, mellow tone, but the newer one is louder. If I had
known how loud it was, I might have bought a different
brand, but to be fair, it is no louder than the Borla single
system. It is very well made. Being finished in black
(with chrome tips), it blends in visually, leaving only the
tips to be seen. An extra hanger was added on the driver's
side that keeps the system centered and level.

Oh yes, using spray silicone on the rubber hangers makes
them a lot easier to get off and on!

ink.net...

Old September 6th 05, 06:29 PM
Tonyrama

Well, turns out that it's very fixable; the garage is trying to extort $300
from me. So I'll fix the muffler, and the chrome duals will have to wait
till later. Good thing too, since I've been out of work for a little while
and am getting married in a month or so.

Tonyrama