Tire sizes: difference between 155/80R13 and 155R13?

Old April 25th 19, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Tire sizes: difference between 155/80R13 and 155R13?

On Sunday, February 28, 1993 at 3:21:21 PM UTC-8, Nemo wrote:
> I know in "155/80R13", '155' is the tread width in mm, '80' the aspect
> ratio and '13' the wheel size in inch. But how come sometimes the aspect
> ratio is omitted? Does that mean "aspect ratio not important", or maybe
> in smaller tires (I've only noticed this omission in smaller tires) the
> aspect ratio doesn't vary much? Thanks for enlightening me - I have
> looked into all kinds of car books, and the FAQ here, and never found
> an explanation for this.

I have a Austin Healey from1961 It has 155R13 tires Paul

Help.....Tire Sizes j. Saturn 1 August 8th 08 01:10 AM
Cherokee tire sizes Jeffrey DeWitt Jeep 5 October 27th 06 02:06 AM
*PROPER* tire sizes for these rims, anyone have experience? jbeez Ford Mustang 2 January 5th 06 07:18 PM
Mixing Tire Sizes [email protected] Technology 3 October 18th 05 12:42 AM
Tire Sizes Ashie Technology 3 April 19th 05 10:27 PM