GEO METRO 96 CLICKING IN FENDER

Old February 6th 05, 09:36 PM
GODSJSON

Default GEO METRO 96 CLICKING IN FENDER

IT'S CLICKING WHAT SOUNDS LIKE TO BE IN MY TIRE ALTHOUGH I KNOW THAT ITS
NOT IT ALSO SOUNDS AS IF IT COULD BE COMING FROM THE THE MOTOR OR A CV
JOINT I NEED HELP BEFORE I SPEND A LOT OF MONEY

Old February 6th 05, 11:12 PM
Professor

Recommend you check the CV joint if the sound worsens on turns...

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old February 7th 05, 12:10 AM
William R. Watt

"GODSJSON" ) writes:
> IT'S CLICKING WHAT SOUNDS LIKE TO BE IN MY TIRE ALTHOUGH I KNOW THAT ITS
> NOT IT ALSO SOUNDS AS IF IT COULD BE COMING FROM THE THE MOTOR OR A CV
> JOINT I NEED HELP BEFORE I SPEND A LOT OF MONEY

by "know that it's not" you mean you've checked for stones, nails, and such in
the tire tread?

does the clicking speed up as the car speeds up and slow down as the car
slows down?

my manual says CV joints "knock". I've heard mine knock. Not a click.

could it be "tapping", a sound lower than a click but higher than a knock?
all of the above are short sharp sounds.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Old February 7th 05, 10:41 AM
Billy Bad Assr©

> IT'S CLICKING WHAT SOUNDS LIKE TO BE IN MY TIRE ALTHOUGH I KNOW THAT ITS
> NOT IT ALSO SOUNDS AS IF IT COULD BE COMING FROM THE THE MOTOR OR A CV

To check vehicles CV joints > 1st you need a large area --empty parking lots are
nice! Engine: on Vehicle is stopped. Turn hard right then ease on the
accelerator. Listening for crunchy-crunch-clicking sound. Try again, only this
time give it a bit more throttle. Now do the other side i.e. turn hard left --
same procedure!

Engine noise >perhaps a broken eng/transaxle mount< -- if it's an automatic
trans -- do this: 1st open the hood - you'll need a buddy -- have them (watch)
stand to aside of the vehicle. Next apply brakes (Hard) then put into drive and
apply throttle to aprox. 1500 rpm -- if there is a problem -- the engine will
rise up. Put into reverse -- same procedure!

--
BBA
°?°

Fender flare opinions Dennis Cox Jeep 4 February 4th 05 03:02 AM
Can you buy a lf fender of civic root Honda 3 January 7th 05 04:33 PM
Accord blinker turn signal relay clicking FAST when not actuated DBarry Honda 1 January 6th 05 03:04 AM
GMC fender replacement adamscreek 4x4 2 September 28th 04 11:25 PM
FS: 1951 Chevy Parts Deluxe Fender Chrome, 51-52 Fender Skirts Etc! jack Antique cars 0 October 21st 03 03:05 AM