CLICKING

Old February 6th 05, 09:32 PM
GODSJSON

Default CLICKING

THERE IS A CLICKING ON MY FRONT RIGHT SIDE IT SOUNDS LIKE A METALLIC
CLINKING IN THE WHEEL BUT IT'S NOT IN THE MOTOR EIGHTHER. BUT IT ISN'T IT
IS NOT CONSTANT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN WHEN I PUSH THE BREAKS.

Old February 6th 05, 11:09 PM
Billy Bad Assr©

> THERE IS A CLICKING ON MY FRONT RIGHT SIDE IT SOUNDS LIKE A METALLIC

side of what? are we talking vehicles?

> CLINKING IN THE WHEEL BUT IT'S NOT IN THE MOTOR EIGHTHER. BUT IT ISN'T IT

ok - were talkin something that has a wheel and a motor -- electric car?

> IS NOT CONSTANT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN WHEN I PUSH THE BREAKS

OKAY -- Must be an electric car i.e. they BREAK all the time!.

PLEASE STOP YELLING IT IS RUDE >> (using caps is Usenet's form of yelling
>>Please Stop<<)

People, please, please include Year/Make/Model/Engine Size for a MUCH better
response!

BBA

Old February 7th 05, 08:35 AM
Erik

In article
outautos.com>,
"GODSJSON" > wrote:

> THERE IS A CLICKING ON MY FRONT RIGHT SIDE IT SOUNDS LIKE A METALLIC
> CLINKING IN THE WHEEL BUT IT'S NOT IN THE MOTOR EIGHTHER. BUT IT ISN'T IT
> IS NOT CONSTANT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN WHEN I PUSH THE BREAKS.

First, lose the capitals.

Then do a good visual inspection the right front for anything obvious...
something big stuck in the tread of or whatever. The possibilities are
endless as to what you might find, so use good common sense. Move the
car a little so you can look at the spot that was on the ground too.

Are the lugs all torqued down? Actually check them with your rim wrench.

Try driving it without the hub cap (and/or trim ring if applicable) and
see if the problem goes away.

If none of the above helps, switch the right front tire/wheel assembly
with another... say the right rear, and see if the problem moves along
with it. You know it's something with the tire/wheel assembly if it
does. If it doesn't, it involves the right front hub/rotor/drum assembly
somewhere.

If it has steel composite wheels... sometimes one of the spot welds
between the 'spider' and rim can break and act as you describe.

I bet it turns out to be a loose lug/s, or something with the hubcap.

Don't forget about the capitals.

Good Luck!

Erik